Dream Cast #1: The Lunar Chronicles

Hi, everyone. I know it’s been FOREVER since I’ve posted. I’m planning some videos for tomorrow [which may or may not happen. You have been warned]. Anyway, today I decided to cast some books if they were turned into movies. This may become a series of posts, and today I’m doing it for…..The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I can’t even tell you how amazing The Lunar Chronicles is. It’s an AMAZING series, and I love it so much. It’s where Marissa takes classic fairytales, and changes them by putting them in a sci-fi/dystopian world.  Anyway, today I’ll be posting my top choices for each role [and telling you a little about each part].
Lead Characters


Linh Cinder
Linh Cinder is arguably the main character in TLC. She is part cyborg who works as a mechanic, and earns money for her already-rich cruel step-family. Cinder is an observant, sarcastic planner, who is a true leader. Let’s see my top picks for the role:
Troian Bellisario
Okay, if I’m being honest, Troian probably is a little too old to believably pull off a teenage girl, but in the roles I’ve seen her in [which was just guest star appearances] she seems like a good actress, and I think she could pull off Cinder’s toughness and determination, while still making her vulnerable, and kind. She also may be able to best play Cinder’s smarts, and sarcasm.
Chloe Bennet
I’ll be honest here: I have not actually seen Chloe in any movies or TV shows. However, my family members who have seen Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D [which I’ll probably watch at some point in the near future] say she’s a good actress, and she looks almost exactly the way I imagined Cinder. If any of you have seen Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D please let me know if you think she’d be good in the role. Honestly, I believe I’ve seen some YouTube clips of her, and I think she’d play a pretty good Cinder.
Dianne Doan
If anyone could perfectly portray a compassionate tough girl, it’s Dianne Doan. While not a huge Hollywood name I think she could probably pull off Cinder. She’s probably best known for her work in Vikings [which I haven’t seen], Descendants and Descendants 2 [I’ve seen both of those], and she plays Mulan’s daughter in the Descendants movies, and I think she’s a good actress. Besides, this might give her a little more publicity, which she totally deserves.


Scarlet Benoit
Scarlet Benoit is a feisty farm girl from France with a nasty temper, a strong sense of justice, and a tendency to be impulsive. She cares deeply about her loved ones, is a bit of a rebel, and knows how to handle herself in a shootout or fist fight. Honestly, I’d say Katee Sackhoff could totally play her [and let’s be honest, she’d be awesome in the role] but there’s WAY too much of an age difference so here’re my other choices:
Sabrina Carpenter
I think Sabrina’s probably barely old enough to play this part. She’s a totally believable rebel on Girl Meets World, and I think she could make the character relatable, and not too over-the-top plus she could totally give Scarlet a little extra sass.
Jennifer Lawrence
Honestly, she’s probably on the brink of being too old to play Scarlet but I’d still love to see her in the role, and I think she’d do a great job, since she is a talented actress [and nobody I know has an objection to seeing her in another lead role]. Also, I’m sorry, I must be giving you guys the impression that Scarlet is blonde when she’s actually a redhead.
McKayla [aka me]
I really think I could channel Scarlet’s sass, and anger yet still make her a likeable character with a good heart. While I haven’t had nearly as much experience as Jennifer Lawrence I think I could handle it. Also, I think while I could probably play Cress I’d be better as Scarlet.


Crescent ‘Cress’ Moon
Cress is a nerdy, super-shy, socially awkward, totally uncoordinated fangirl of net dramas [basically soap operas], Prince Kai and Carswell Thorne who loves to sing. Cress is also a skilled hacker, and while she gets scared incredibly easily she is also incredibly brave. Here’re my top choices to play her:
Dove Cameron
Am I the only one who thinks Dove would be absolute perfection in that role? She could totally play a brave, smart hacker, and still make the character a total fangirl who gets easily nervous. Plus, Dove is a great singer, and so Cress could have plenty of singing moments.
Sammi Hanratty
Most AG fans will recognize her as Chrissa Maxwell from An American Girl: Chrissa Stands Strong. She’s quite an amazing actress, and I feel like she could balance out Cress’ tendency to worry, and still make her a sweet, funny, likeable character.
Brenna D’Amico
I feel like Brenna could portray a very strong yet unsure of herself young woman. While she’d probably have to die her hair blonde I still think she’d be a very good choice, and  she seems like a good actress.


Iko
Iko is a shoe-loving, fashion-obsessed android who belongs to Cinder’s step-family. She’s Cinder’s original best friend, and a crucial member to the team. We couldn’t possibly make a Lunar Chronicles movie without Iko! Here’re my top choices:
Sofia Carson
Ever since I saw her in Descendants Sofia always seemed like a great actress, and I think she could give Iko some awesome bravery and smarts as well as portray her as a bubbly fashionista without making her annoying or not as awesome as she was written.
China Anne McClain
I’d love to see her play Iko. While she’s quite serious in Descendants 2 I have no doubt she could do comedy, and still be a tough girl. Besides, she really does look great with blue hair [if you’re a fan of Descendants and The Lunar Chronicles you’ll know what I mean].
Rowan Blanchard
I think Rowan’s skilled in doing both comedy and drama, and she’d be an excellent Iko. I’d love to see her in that part, and I think she could establish Iko’s sense of humour, and, again, I think she could play ‘hyper-fashionable’ without being annoying.


Winter
Princess Winter is a kind, gifted, and strong princess. She denies using her powers, and because of that has some mental problems. Winter is truly an amazing character, and I love her.
Now for the casting:
Zendaya
I think Zendaya definitely has the acting chops to pull off Winter, and I think she’d even be able to make her relatable, and I honestly think she’d be the best choice for Winter, besides she’s an amazing performer.
Shay Mitchell
I admit: I have not seen Shay Mitchell in anything. However, she is widely recognized [though not by me] as an amazing actress, and she just looks exactly the way I pictured Winter would look. I think she’d probably be great in the part.
Demi Lovato
While she’s primarily known for sitcoms I’d like to see Demi play some more dramatic roles----and I think she could totally play Winter----and I think she’s close enough in age to Winter that it would fit well.
Main Side-Characters
I’m just going to cast one person to make it easier, and less time-consuming.
Kai
Prince Kai is an incredibly kind and generous ruler who would do anything for his people and the people he loves. He’s basically a sweetheart who everyone loves:
John Harlan Kim
While his role on The Librarians is vastly different from Kai I feel like he could play a likeable prince, and maybe even give Kai a little bit of humour. He’s a great actor, and I’d love to see him in more things.


Wolf
Wolf is a tough-as-nails street-fighter who is actually very shy and awkward. Oh, and he LOVES tomatoes.
Chris Hemsworth
Yes, he’s way too old [although maybe Wolf looks older] but he’s the only guy who’s tall enough, and muscular enough that I could think of. Besides, he is a very good actor.


Carswell Thorne
The charming lady’s man, criminal and goofball who’s quite young. Hmmmm
Booboo Stewart
I have a feeling he could pull off Thorne’s charm, plus he could do drama, and he’s about the right age. What do you guys think?


Jacin Clay
Jacin is Sybil Mira’s guard, and works for Levana. However, he is mostly dedicated to Winter, and he is insanely loyal. Here’s who I’d cast:
Peyton Meyer
I think he could probably play Jacin very well, and I’d like to see him in another part. Plus, he could TOTALLY make Jacin even more loyal then he already is.
Villains
Levana
Queen Levana is an incredibly beautiful, incredibly smart, incredibly ambitious and incredibly cruel queen with a tragic background. There would be lots of amazing choices but I think I’ll list the actress who I think could do it best:
Tricia Helfer
If anyone could play that part to perfection, I have no doubt it’d be Tricia. Besides she’s already done a lot of sci-fi/fantasy based stories [i.e Battlestar Galactica], and I feel like she could channel Levana’s cleverness, wit, and street smarts while still making her a terrifying, assertive, kick-butt ruler. I also think she could make Levana cruel enough but not be totally heartless, so you kinda empathize with her. Besides, I’d just like to see her as Levana.


Sybil Mira
Sybil Mira is Levana’s cruel, head thaumaturge. She was Cress’ mistress, and seemed truly delighted in doing the most horrid tasks Levana asked her to do. We’d need an actress who could totally channel evil, love-to-hate sidekick.
Lesley-Ann Brandt
Okay, who could play Sybil Mira better than her? Seriously, I can’t think of anyone. While she’s played Dulaque’s sidekick, Lamia, on The Librarians she had a little spark of good in her. With Sybil Mira? Not so much. Mira is cruel, hard, and calculating. Sounds like the perfect role for Lesley-Ann [she seems like a nice person in real life, she just plays villains really well].
Side Characters


Dr. Erland
He’s an old-man Lunar who’s disguised himself as human, and gets a job as a doctor. He’s a tad snarky, he’s very smart, and he’s…….complicated. Here’s who I’d cast:
John Laroquette
I think he could totally pull off Erland’s snark, and he’s a good actor, besides I think he could make Erland seem very smart [kind of like one step ahead of Cinder at all times] so, yeah, he’s who I’m casting.


Linh Adri
Linh Adri is Cinder’s stepmother, and she is super snobby, hates Cinder, and basically only thinks of herself, and her two daughters. For her I’d pick……
Lucy Liu
I feel like Lucy could play Adri very well since she is an extremely talented actress, and I’ve only seen her play nice characters: it’d be nice seeing her as a villain.


Linh Pearl
Linh Pearl is the older stepsister, and she is totally snobby, and self-absorbed. Also, she pretty much just follows whatever her mother wants. So, I’m casting……
Sarah Jefferey
Yes, I know she doesn’t look a thing like Lucy Liu [I also don’t know of any young, Asian actresses who are good at playing snobby characters]. I really think she could play Pearl to perfection, and I’d love to see her in it. Besides, she’s really good at playing the mean girl.
Linh Peony
Peony is Pearl’s sweeter, funnier, more dramatic younger sister. She genuinely enjoys the company of Cinder and Iko, squeals over pretty things, is super perky, and a HUGE fangirl. Here’s my top choice:
Victoria Moroles
Wow, this family is looking very different from each other. I think Victoria could play Peony very well, and she hasn’t been in a whole lot, which is a shame since she seems like a very talented young actress.


Michelle Benoit
Michelle Benoit is Scarlet’s tough-as-nails grandmother who runs a farm. She’d have to be a much older lady who still looks and acts tough. I think I’d pick…….
Helen Mirren
She portrayed a very tough woman in RED and I’d love to see her in this. She would make a very good Michelle Benoit, and I think she’s a very talented actress, and could pull off the role perfectly.


Young Michelle Benoit
So, there was maybe a flashback scene in the book [I honestly can’t remember] and if there wasn’t there should be in a movie! I’d picture Michelle as mostly the same. Maybe just a tad more sassy and/or immature. She’d probably be in her thirties at the time of the flashback. Here’s who I’d pick:
Katee Sackhoff
Hey, I managed to find a part for her after all. Scarlet takes after her grandmother, and I think Katee could play a believable younger Michelle, and maybe being able to balance a bit of sarcastic, light-hearted comedy and still make younger Michelle a compassionate and responsible character.


Konn Torin
Torin is Kai’s main advisor. He is wise, trustworthy, and would do anything that would help Kai----and New Bejiing----. For him I would cast……
Sean Murray
I think he would play Torin very well, and I’d like to see him in TLC movie, and he’d fit right in with the rest of the cast, plus he’s a good actor.
Garan
Garan is Lin Adri’s now deceased husband. He was accepting over Cinder, and incredibly kind and brave. He’s only in flashback scenes, so here’s who I’d cast:
Jamie Bamber
I think he could play Garan very well, and he’s a good actor [and again looks almost nothing like Victoria Moroles or Sarah Jefferey but…..whatever]. Besides, he has some scenes with Michelle Benoit in flashbacks, and he and Katee Sackhoff have very good chemistry.


Well, there’s my cast. What did you think? Who would you cast? Do you like The Lunar Chronicles?


































Comments

  1. I loved reading this post, and Helen Mirren is so awesome.
    I love her line in the movie when talking to Sarah (when she asks what she does) and she says " I kill people, dear." in such a causal and sweet voice. XD
    Also I haven't read the The Lunar Chronicles but your cast for it looks awesome.
    -Quinley
    P.S. There are some duplicates of the things you said in the post, I just thought I would tell you so you could fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that line! She is such a great actress. I think you would probably like The Lunar Chronicles.
    Oh, no problem. I'll see if I can fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! I love Lunar Chronicles, I actually recommended them to a friend recently, and she LOVED Cinder when she read it.

    I got to admit I can't pick actors because I don't keep up with actors or celebrities at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, yes, The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favorite book series. I've recommended them to many people. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these books!!! You did well with the cast ;D I especially love all the girls you picked for the main characters ... you'd make a good Scarlet ;D

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. I KNOW!!! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!!!! Aw, thank you. That means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag