My Thoughts on Captain Marvel

Hiya. Today I’ll be sharing my thoughts on Captain Marvel.
I won’t really be doing a full-on plot synopsis since most of you have probably already seen it but just in case there’s a slightest chance that you haven’t here’s a brief synopsis from Google:
Captain Marvel is an extraterrestrial Kree warrior who finds herself caught in the middle of an intergalactic battle between her people and the Skrulls. Living on Earth in 1995, she keeps having recurring memories of another life as U.S Air Force pilot Carol Danvers. With help from Nick Fury, Captain Marvel tries to uncover the secrets of her past while harnessing her special superpowers to end the war with the Skrulls. 
So, in all honesty I really enjoyed the movie [and we have it for a three-day rental so I might get to watch it again], and my family did too. One of my sisters was a little hesitant at first but she loved the movie. It seemed a bit more sci-fi than most of Marvel’s previous films but since I really enjoy sci-fi I didn’t mind at all. 
Now, let’s start with how I feel about Captain Marvel, herself. I found her to be a very interesting and believable character. She was smart, funny, cocky, tough, a little full of herself, and a true hero who wants to help people. Sometimes when making a superhero [*cough* *cough* Superman] the writers make them too perfect. To me, at least, a character can be extremely powerful and be naturally multitalented if they have a believable, flawed personality and doesn’t always win everything. Marvel did a great job of making Carol very powerful and a great fighter who failed sometimes and struggled with things. I really like her character because of that.
I also love laughing and being entertained so the fact that Carol had such a great sense of humor made me like the movie even more. And I can totally relate to Carol’s enthusiastic and sassy personality.
Also, random, but Carol reminds me a lot of Kara Thrace from Battlestar Galactica.
 They are both snarky, tough, and very emotional, confident, street smart, energetic, funny and entertaining pilots. Even their names sound kind of similar: Carol and Kara
So, let’s talk about some of the highlights of the movie:
First off, Goose. They actually had cat representation in a Marvel film. Even though *slight spoiler* it wasn’t really a cat but close enough, right? Plus, how can you not love Goose’s adorableness? One of the best parts of the movie.
I loved seeing a younger Nick Fury [and Agent Coulson] and apparently Nick is a cat person. And, again, Goose is adorable.
The Skrulls were very interesting characters, and I really like the way they were designed to look. They were complex, and you never knew who could actually be a Skrull. 
I also really liked Carol and Nick’s friendship. It was natural and entertaining, and full of witty banter and comebacks. It was one of my favorite parts. I can’t even explain why I like it: I just do.
Speaking of friendships I loved Carol’s friendship with Maria Rambeau. It was nice to see some female friendship, and the actresses played very well off of each other. I loved Maria’s daughter ]who Carol has nicknamed Lieutenant Trouble]. 
I’ll say it again: they developed Carol’s personality and character extremely well. She’s one of the most believable and relatable superheroes. She has personality [something that a lot of heroes sadly lack]. Also, despite the fact that everyone’s complaining about Brie Larson’s acting I think she did a marvelous job. 
Also, I actually think the plot was great and amazingly well executed. Again, the problem with a lot of action flicks is that there’s a really bad plot [but for movies like that I’m just watching it for the fight scenes, anyway] but this had some amazing fight scenes, and a great plot.
I don’t think there was anything I specifically didn’t like. 
All in all, I think it’s a great movie, and hopefully we’ll see more of her in future Marvel films.
So, let’s talk:
Did you like Captain Marvel? Who are some of your favorite superheroes? Further note on that: would you like me to do a post on my favorite superheroes? What did you like about the movie? Did you notice the similarities between Kara Thrace and Carol Danvers? 



Comments

  1. Captain Marvel was a really fun movie! Thanks for the review!

    -Jewel
    https://treasuredscript.com/
    http://www.dollnotebook.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, it was. Thanks so much for commenting, Jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you watched Captain Marvel, awesome! :D
    Goose was so cute. :) And Carol is amazing...or should I say marvelous.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, finally got to watch it. Goose is 100% furdorable (furry + adorable). Haha, yes, she was definitely marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Captain Marvel rocked! Though, I didn't like the way she was portrayed in Endgame. I loved Goose and the Skrulls too. Have you seen Spider-Man Far From Home? It was so good! I'd like to see a post on your favorite superheroes. I like Peter Quill, and some of the characters from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I haven't seen Far From Home yet but I probably will soon. I like Peter Quill so much, too! I've been wanting to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D for awhile now. My mom has seen the first few seasons and I'll probably watch it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag