5 Great Movies for a Family Movie Night

Hiya. So, yes, I was MIA for awhile but I’m happy to be back. Oh, and also I got a skateboard! Comment below if you want to see pictures of her [yes, her. Her name is Megan]. I think I’m doing pretty good considering I’ve only fallen off once but I also somehow made her go backwards when I was trying to go forward. Like, how did that happen?
Anyway, who here likes movies? *raises hand* Me! So, these are my top five movies to watch on a family movie night. Let’s get started! 
Note: You can rent all of these videos on Amazon and I’m pretty sure The Lost Medallion is on Prime Video.
#5: The Lost Medallion
Title: The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone
Genres: Fantasy/Adventure
Rating: PG
Director: Bill Muir
Writer: Bill Muir
Cast: William Brent, Sammi Hanratty, James Hong, Jansen Panettiere, William Corkery, Alex Kendrick, Mark Dacasos, Lisa LoCocero
The Lost Medallion was my all-time favorite movie when I was eight and nine. It’s still a great movie and is pretty family friendly. The basic plot is that a thirteen-year-old boy named Billy
and his friend, Allie, find a king’s medallion and they travel back in time to get away from the villains in the current day. It’s a pretty exciting movie and very family friendly. I would not recommend showing it to people under 5 or 6 because it would be too long, and too confusing.











#4: Night at The Museum series
Title: Night at the Museum
Genres: Adventure/Comedy
Rating: PG
Director: Shawn Levy
Writers: Robert Ben Garant and Thomas Lennon
Cast: Ben Stiller, Carla Gugino, Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney, Robin Williams, Patrick Gallagher, Owen Wilson, Steve Coogan, Mizuo Peck, Crystal the Monkey
Actually, I haven’t seen the original Night at The Museum in a long time but I remember my sisters and I thought it was funny. It’s about a night guard and all the museum exhibits come to life while he’s there. Oh, and if you see this one watch the second and third one because those reach new levels of awesomeness.
#3: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
Title: Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
Genres: Action/adventure/comedy/fantasy
Rating: PG-13
Director: Jake Kasdan
Writers: Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers
Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black, Karen Gillan, Nick Jonas, Rhys Darby
Jumanji is a fantastic movie! One of my all-time favorites, actually. If you have very young siblings you might not want to show them this due to language, action-violence and mild suggestive content [yes, I did get that from IMDB]. So, in this movie four teenagers get sucked into a video game, and have to finish the levels as the avatar they chose. It’s a great movie, and I highly recommend it. 
#2: Descendants
Title: Descendants
Genres: Fantasy/Drama/Comedy/Musical
Rating: PG
Director: Kenny Ortega
Writers: Josann McGibbon and Sara Parriott
Cast: Dove Cameron, Cameron Boyce, Sofia Carson, Booboo Stewart, Melanie Paxton, Kathy Najimy, Kristen Chenoweth, Brenna D’Amico, Mitchell Hope, Sarah Jeffery, Dianne Doan, Zachary Gibson, Jedidiah Goodacre
Again, I recommend seeing the entire Descendants series. You can actually probably rent 1 and 2 for cheaper now since D3 just came out. The music’s really good, and it’s pretty funny. So basically Ben, who’s going to be king of Auradon and decides to give the villain kids a second chance so he selects four V.Ks from the Isle of the Lost to come to Auradon. 
#1: The Avengers
Title: The Avengers
Genres: Action/Adventure/Sci-fi
Rating: PG-13
Director: Joss Whedon
Writers: Joss Whedon and Zak Penn
Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L. Jackson, Tom Hiddleston, Clark Gregg, Cobie Smulders
Okay, even if you aren’t a fan of Marvel or superhero movies you really should see The Avengers. It’s honestly my favorite Marvel movie I’ve seen so far [and I have a lot of favorites]. If you haven’t seen the backstories for each superhero it’s probably okay. You’ll still be able to follow the story, which is awesome, the acting is great and the stunts are epic. 


Bonus One:
Yes, so it’s technically six movies now but whatever.
Title: Guardians of the Galaxy
Genres: Action/adventure/comedy/sci-fi/fantasy
Rating: PG-13
Director: James Gunn
Writer: James Gunn and Nicole Perlman
Cast: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan
Okay, this is the other Marvel movie that you absolutely need to see even if you don’t like Marvel. It’s funny, fairly light-hearted although there are a few sad deaths, and it is one of the coolest superhero movies I’ve ever seen. 
So, there. Now you have six new movies to suggest for a movie night [tip: have snacks. Pizza is preferred but if it’s tasty it’s a good snack]. What movies should I watch? Besides, Endgame, which I haven’t seen and desperately want to see. Signing off!
*drops mic*




Comments

  1. AAAAHHHHHH YOU'RE A MARVEL FAN I HAD NO IDEA. *fangirling*

    I love the last two movies you selected (obviously)! Jumanji was so good as well! I haven’t really watched the others, but I might just check it out..l,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesssss, Jumanji was awesome! And, yes, I definitely am a Marvel fan. The movies are awesome. Also, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is really good, too. Do you have a favorite Marvel character?
    I have lots [Natasha Romanoff, Peter Quill, Nebula, Tony Stark etc. etc.] but I think my favorite is Wanda Maximoff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, goodness, TOO MANY GOOD CHARACTERS. XD But my favorite would probably have to be Bucky. <3 I love Wanda, though!

      Delete
  3. I love Bucky. He's such a great character (like so many other Marvel characters).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of all these movies, the ones I've seen are super good. However...the last two are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, absolutely. I love all the Marvel movies. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag

August Recap