Double Review ft. Jumanji: The Next Level and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season Six

Hey, all. And, yes, I’ve been absent for awhile. Sorry about that. You know that feeling where you just run out of ideas and posting feels more like work than fun? Yeah, not fun…..but it’s over now.
Anyway, I’ll be making up for it with a double review. 
We’ll start with Jumanji: The Next Level.
I think this movie is still in theaters but it might not be.
In Jumanji: The Next Level, the gang is back but the game has changed. 
As they return to rescue one of their own, the players will have to brave parts unknown from arid deserts to snowy mountains, to escape the world’s most dangerous game.
-Summary from IMDB
Jumanji: The Next Level stars Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Karen Gillan, Kevin Hart, Rhys Darby,  Danny DeVito, Danny Glover, Nick Jonas, Awkwafina, Madison Iseman, Morgan Turner, Alex Wolff, and Ser’Darius Blaine.
It was written by Jeff Pinkner and Jake Kasdan, and directed by Jake Kasdan.
Jumanji: The Next Level is one of the few sequels that manages to be just as good, if not better, than the first one. It was action-packed, with some awesome fight scenes. It manages to be just as funny the second time around since the characters don’t get a choice in their avatars. Martha’s still Ruby Roundhouse, Fridge is Sheldon, Spencer is Ming Fleetfoot, Bethany is a horse, Spencer’s grandpa, Eddie is Smolder Bravestone, and his friend Milo is Fridge.
Seeing each cast member’s interpretation of the character is really cool.
Danny Glover and Danny DeVito were amazing, and Awkwafina fit right in. She should actually get more praise than she does. 
This movie was sweeter than the last one, while still sticking to the action/comedy genre. I thought it was a fantastic sequel, and if you get the chance to see it, definitely do so.
Next, I’ll be reviewing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season Six
****Mild spoilers so read at your own risk****
This season was kind of bittersweet for me. I mean, I know there’s going to be one last season but I’ve been watching it almost daily since July so it’s been a huge part of my life.
As always, the acting was fantastic. The story was a little strange, but it worked. 
Seeing Deke interact with the team continues to be hilarious. I liked seeing Daisy and Jemma’s friendship, and there were some good Fitz-Simmons moments this season [‘’Are you jealous of yourself, Fitz?’’]. 
I liked seeing Mack and Yo-Yo’s relationship develop. 
Also, awesome fight scenes as always.
I did really like this season [Oh my gosh, that finale].
I did have an issue with Mack being head of S.H.I.E.L.D. I mean, he’s a cool guy and all but he just doesn’t seem to fit that role.
I would say Daisy should be head of S.H.I.E.L.D but she tends to run away from problems so……
I actually think May would be good at the job.
I can’t believe there will only be one more season! *sniffs*
I mean, I’d rather there be seven well-made seasons then seven good ones and three bad ones.
Anyway, I really enjoyed this season, and thought it was great.
Did you enjoy either of these? Tell me your thoughts in the comments. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag