The Valentine's Day Tag [featuring ships, fanfics, platonic love, and cake]

Happy Valentine’s Day, fellow bloggers and, er, blog readers. Also, it’s Friday, which means two glorious days of no math, which means I get hyped way too easily.
Anyway, so….Valentine’s Day, a holiday where roughly half the population spend way too much money on Hallmark cards, express true love and do other couple-y stuff. The other half thinks about three things: cake, candy, fictional characters.
I was going to make this post earlier but I kinda, sorta forgot today was Valentine’s Day so it’s a little late. Basically, I created my own tag about fictional characters. Ready? Here we go. 
Also, this took a crazy long time because I’m normally not deeply invested in the romance of various shows. So there’s some platonic love in here, too, because, um, I ran out of ships.
Sweetest Couple:
Fitz-Simmons! I love both of their characters, and they have a cute relationship [world, just let them have a relationship without something bad happening, please]. I can’t really explain it but it’s definitely sweet. And at times a little awkward.
They both seem like real people.
Funny story….., I have a sister who reminds me of Jemma very much. I’ll have to get her to watch AoS [no luck yet].
Worst Couple:
Ack, this is so hard. Like I said, I normally don’t get invested in the romance of a show/movie so…….
Ooh! How about Warner and Elle from Legally Blonde. I know they didn’t stay a couple for very long but it was pretty awful while it lasted. The blame mainly falls on Warner, though. 
Most Unique Couple:
Unique? Like, what kind of unique? Why do I ask myself such hard questions?
Gaius Baltar, and Caprica Six have a pretty unique relationship.
From her being a Cylon, and killing a ton of people, to him having ‘visions’ of her in his head, to her getting downloaded and realizing she made some pretty big mistakes, to her having visions of him, to both of them finding out they really love each other. Pretty unique, huh?
Most Tragic Couple:
I’m tempted to say Fitz-Simmons again, because they just can’t catch a break. But for a different answer, let’s go with Wanda and Vision.
Wanda’s life is just messed-up in general. I mean, Wanda and Vision had a very brief relationship that ended very quickly. Marvel fans, you know what I mean. Though there is WandaVision so we will get to see a bit more of Vision.
A Ship With Characters You Created:
Is it okay if I just use one OC? 
With that being said, I really love Carla Baxter and Jacob Crawley.
I imagine Jacob looking like May’s husband from AoS. Anyway, I didn’t create Carla but I did create Jacob, and I have to say I really love the two of them together. Jacob brings out Carla’s sweeter, more sensitive side, and she brings out his brave side. And they really, really love each other. I was going to draw them together, but I’m not a skilled enough artist for that.
Best Male-Female Platonic Friendship:
Ooh, I like the way I wrote this.
Chloe and Lucifer have a great platonic friendship. Season One starts out with her getting annoyed by him, but they become good friends, and that’s just by the end of Season One. Just see where they’re at in Season Two…….
Best Child/Parent Relationship:
Scott and Cassie Lang. He’s such a great dad, and she’s such a sweet kid. When she gets older maybe she could help him stop bad guys like she wanted.
A Character You Think Had/Has an Interesting Lovelife: 
Okay, this has nothing to do with couples, really, does it? Anyway, I think Alex Forrest has probably had an interesting lovelife at some point.
I mean, nobody is that opposed to romance without a good reason. The poor thing must have had her heart broken at some point [like, as in I have a fanfic about it, if anyone’s interested. Fair warning, it is brutally tragic].
Karen Willis also has a very interesting lovelife. It caused her to lose all of her faith in humanity, and sort of turn a little evil [she was on that path beforehand, though]. I also have a fanfic about that. Yes, it’s tragic, yes, it’s bloody, yes, it’s action-y. What else would you expect? 
So Happy Valentine’s Day, to those who celebrate it, and have plenty of cake. 

Comments

  1. I didn't really like Wanda and Vision at first, but Infinity War was so sad!! I'm really behind on TV shows and movies because I haven't seen any of the others. Oh, Elle and Warner were bad together and I'm glad that it didn't last for long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.....
    Gaius and Six are from Battlestar Galactica (2004). I think it's on Amazon.
    Fitz and Simmons are from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, which is currently on Netflix.
    Carla is from Burn Notice, which is on Amazon Prime.
    Alex Forrest is from Chuck, which is on Amazon Prime.
    Karen Willis is from The Librarians. I'm not sure where you can watch it.
    Chloe and Lucifer are from Lucifer, which is on Netflix.
    And Scott and Cassie are from Ant-Man.
    Yes, they were a bad couple. I didn't like Warner at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this is such a sweet tag, I love the tags that you create. :)
    Jacob X Carla forever! (We need a ship name for it though).

    I'm not entirely sure what I think of WandaVision though, I'm kind of frustrated at Disney because they made her show centered around her and a (dead) love interest in a sitcom setting. And not just her alone doing what other super heroes would do like the other shows that would be coming out with male leads who aren't in a sitcom setting. But that's just me.

    Oh, Platonic relationships are so fun to have in stories, I feel it is getting rarer for readers or watchers to accept that there are relationships between a girl and a boy that aren't romantic. (I have one in one of my stories, however, someone shipped the two characters, so I guess they didn't see what I was trying to do).

    I hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day, McKayla!
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!
    Awww, yes, I love them as a couple. They bring out the best in each other.
    There are fan theories that it's based on something that happens in the comics, where she basically creates her own alternate dimension but it slowly starts to fall apart. I've also heard that it ties into Doctor Strange 2.
    Yup. I mean, I have male friends, and we don't have a romantic connection.
    I did, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentines Day McKayla!
    I loved the choices(mainly the first one though!). This was a well put together tag...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!
    Yeah, I thought you'd like that one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag