Happy Birthday, Tricia Helfer

Hello. So, today, April 11th, is Tricia Helfer’s birthday, so I thought I’d make a post on some of her greatest roles.
A Little Bit of Backstory
Tricia Janine Helfer was born on April 11th, 1974. She’s an actress, former supermodel, and producer.
I actually first saw her in an episode of Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated, where she played Aphrodite [well, technically, Amanda Smythe].
I next saw her as Karen Willis in an episode of The Librarians.
Seriously, nobody can play an evil CEO in a Greek mythology-themed episode better than her.
I’ve also seen her on Lucifer, Battlestar Galactica, Warehouse 13, Chuck, and Burn Notice.
I don’t even plan for this to happen, she just shows up on a lot of shows I like.
Most sci-fi fans would recognize her as Number Six from Battlestar Galactica, and, honestly, she did a really great job with that role.
The thing about Cylons is [for those of you who have not seen this amazing show. If so, why are you still here? Go watch it.] there are multiple copies, so they have different personalities.
So some of them were straight-up evil, others were morally complicated, and some were almost good.
My personal favorite copies are Caprica Six and Gina Inviere.
Anyway, she had a very limited amount of screen time in the first season and half of the second season, but she was good.
And then, of course, Pegasus happened, and, well, she’s an even better actress than we thought [I’m still heartbroken over those episodes].
Her other biggest role is in the Fox/Netflix show Lucifer, where she plays both the Goddess of All Creation [aka Luci’s mom], and defense attorney Charlotte Richards. 
I liked her as both characters, but I prefer Charlotte. Even though Goddess is hilarious [in a highly socially awkward way].

She also does a lot of guest star roles and honestly, she kicks butt in most of them.
Between playing characters who are fairly snobbish and snarky but not evil or cruel [Bonnie Belski in Warehouse 13 and Alex Forrest in Chuck] to playing really, really cruel characters [Carla in Burn Notice, and Karen Willis in The Librarians].
Seriously, I’ve loved her in just about everything she’s in, and I may have written overly tragic backstories on all of them……..yeah, I have a problem.
She also has had major roles in Killer Women, Bloodwork, Ascension, numerous Hallmark movies, and quite a few video game franchises, none of which I have seen.
She’s also the only celebrity that I know a tiny bit of her personal life [not, too personal, like her dating life or where she goes for vacation. That’s just…..wrong]. 
She’s a huge animal activist, and has a ton of cats, which is awesome. 
Seriously. Animal abusers disgust me.
She’s also very outdoorsy, and rides motorcycles, and enjoys hiking.
That’s pretty much all I know, most of which was heard from Battlestar Galacticast [which I love. And I’m not normally a podcast person. I’m way behind, though] or her Instagram.
Anyway, I hope I’ll get to see more of her work. 
She’s stunningly gorgeous, an extremely talented actor, and just seems like such a smart, sweet, funny person. Make sure to wish her a happy 46th birthday.
So, that’s my post for today.
Who’s your favorite actor/actress?


Comments

  1. Happy birthday, Tracey Helfer! :D

    One of my favorite actresses is Gates Mc.Fadden who plays Dr. Crusher in Star Trek .
    As for actors I'm tied between Eddie Redmayne and David Tennant.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, cool. She was really great in that part.
    David Tennant seems like a really funny guy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag