Shows To Watch During Quarentine

Hello! I hope you're having a good Monday. Anyway, with coronavirus going around, people are stuck at home, so I thought I'd give recommendations to people. One show [or two if I couldn't decide] per genre. No romance, since I don't really watch romance.
Like I said, coronavirus hasn't changed my life very much. Besides, I live in a small town so there haven't been many cases.
I'll be praying for you all, though.
Anyway, let's just get on with the post, shall we?
Comedy
In my opinion, Parks and Rec. is better than The Office. It's a goofy, quirky comedy centered around Leslie Knope, a cheerful, optimistic politician, who genuinely loves her job. The supporting characters include grumpy intern April Ludgate, very serious Ron, wacky Tom, lazy Andy, and Ann, the ''normal'' one. Pretty much everybody in my family loves this show, and that's saying something since we all have different tastes. Bonus: Chris Pratt is in it.
Fantasy
I've recommended this show a lot, and it's really good. When Secret Service agents, Pete Lattimer, and Myka Bering, get recruited to join a Warehouse that collects dangerous, magical artifacts and save the world, they really have no idea what they're getting themselves into.
Other characters include grumpy yet intelligent Artie, human lie-detector Steve Jinks, sweet, spiritual Leena, and sarcastic tech whiz Claudia. Aside from the lovable characters, the storylines are exciting, and I've yet to see something they haven't done. From being trapped in a video game to catching an evil Santa.
Historical
Set in the 1920's, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries is about a lady detective, who likes fast cars, and solving murders. She's good at a little  bit of everything, including Judo.
Her curious nature gets her in trouble with the police at times. It's a genuinely fun show, and I highly recommend it.
Procedural
An exciting fantasy procedural based off of the comic series, Lucifer follows the Devil, who's now a club owner, and Official Civilian Consultant for the LAPD. Despite the ongoing storylines, Lucifer still has a murder of the week, and many characters [from LAPD detectives Chloe Decker and Daniel Espinoza, lab tech Ella Lopez, and defense attorney Charlotte Richards] are somehow involved with the law. It's a fun show, with very well-developed characters. 
Action/Spy
Chuck is an action comedy about nerdy Buy More employee Chuck Bartowski, who becomes a valuable asset to the CIA, after his college best friend, Bryce Larkin, sends him a file of CIA data, and his brain becomes an Intersect, and, well, you get the picture. It's a really awesome show, and very funny. 

A more serious show [but still pretty funny. Mostly because of Sam] is based around burned spy Michael Weston, who's trying to get his life back together. He gets help from his weapon-obsessed ex-girlfriend Fiona, his old friend, Sam, who'd rather be drinking alcohol or spending time with his latest girlfriend than doing anything else, and his mom, Madeleine Weston. It's a very good action show, and I highly recommend it.
Western
There aren't a whole lot of TV westerns, but there's this one. It follows Sheriff Walt Longmire, and the various crimes that happen in the small Wyoming town where he lives [seriously, though, there's a lot of crime for such a small town]. Anyway, I like it a lot.
Animation
I'd recommend this to any superhero fan. I was obsessed with it for awhile, and, hey, it's a great show. I'd still watch it. I distinctly remember the ''Babydoll' episode, Christmas With the Joker, and this one where Poison Ivy makes evil plant babies. 

This show is all I would watch when I was 5 and 6. These cartoons are great. I'd still watch it. Since my sisters and I were pretty young, we rewatched a lot of episodes. Especially the Crybaby Clown one, the Alice May one, the Man Crab one, and the Aphrodite one [and I didn't even know who Tricia Helfer was].
Sci-Fi
Leave it to Joss Whedon to come up with such an awesome show. But then again, this guy directed The Avengers, and wrote Agents of SHIELD, so I knew it was gonna be good. Honestly, it's a sci-fi Western, and it's amazing characters fuel the show. From Captain Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds, to his second in command Zoe, to Wash,  to Jayne, to Kaylee, to Inara, to Simon and River....you get the picture. The fight scenes and adventure plotlines are also great. 
Everything about it is iconic, right down to Kaylee's pink layer cake dress that she wears in ''Shindig''.


Will I ever not recommend this show? Nope. I love it. The characters are so well developed, and I appreciate all of them even if most of them are not nice people. In fact, they've all annoyed me at some point [except for Athena, so round of applause for her] which is a good thing. Also, Tricia Helfer plays a main part, and the action scenes are epic.

Well, that's all for today, folks. 
What shows would you recommend? 




Comments

  1. I love Chuck and Burn Notice. But I might check out the others. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Yess. They're really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Scooby Doo!!! So, so, so good! I've been meaning to check out Parks and Recreation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it is.
    Ooh, you should. It's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag