Percy Jackson series [Review]

So, I recently decided to reread the Percy Jackson series, and, well, here are my thoughts.
Book One: The Lightning Thief
Always trouble-prone, the life of twelve-year-old Percy Jackson gets a lot more complicated when he finds out he's the son of the Greek god Poseidon. At a training camp for other half-bloods [half mortal, half god], Percy attempts to learn to harness his powers. After being accused of stealing Zeus' lightning bolt, Percy must go on a quest to find the real thief and clear his name, along with fellow camper and daughter of Athena, Annabeth Chase, and his Satyr friend Grover Underwood, and save his mother from the Underworld before a war breaks out.
My Thoughts:
The first Percy Jackson book is really one of the best. Actually, I wasn't much for reading, when I was younger because I was way too hyperactive and more interested in playing outside, and the books targeting girls my age I thought were boring. My thoughts on reading changed after reading Percy Jackson. Rick Riordan made a fast-paced, humorous, and incredibly entertaining adventure story, Now, granted, it wasn't meant for girls, really, but plenty of females enjoy it.
Like I said earlier, the book introduces Percy as kind of a slacker but a good kid. The quest is exciting, and there's never a dull moment. The characters are well-done, and the humor is witty and entertaining.
This may be my favorite book in the series, honestly.

The Sea of Monsters
The Sea of Monsters chronicles the adventures of thirteen-year-old Percy Jackson as he and his friends rescue Grover Underwood from the Cyclops Polyphemus and save Camp Half-Blood from a Titan's attack by bringing the golden fleece to save Thalia's poisoned pine tree.
My Thoughts: This book is really good, though not as good as the first. This is my sister's favorite book in the series. Why? Because Grover wears a wedding dress and pretends to be a lady Cyclops. I mean, that part is pretty darn hilarious. It's similar to the first, and I liked the introduction of Tyson, as well as the fact that they made Clarisse much more likable.


The Titan's Curse
The Titan's Curse tells the story of fourteen-year-old Percy Jackson and his friends, as they go on a dangerous mission to rescue a kidnapped Annabeth, as well as the goddess Artemis.
My Thoughts: I think this is my least favorite book in this series, though, obviously, I still love it.
It just felt kinda.....I don't know. It just wasn't as good as the others.
I did really like the introduction of the Hunters and Artemis, as well as Nico di Angelo [who is quite important in later books].
Also, look, guys, Blackjack the pegesus is on the cover. 

The Battle of the Labryinth
The Battle of the Labryinth chronicles the adventures of Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase, as they lead their friends in a quest to find the inventor of the infamous Labyrinth, when they discover its role in a dark plot by Kronos' army.
My Thoughts: This one is tied with The Lightning Thief for being my favorite. It's also the longest one, I think. Plus, the Labyrinth has got to be one of my favorite Greek myths [not, y'know, having anything to do with a certain Librarians episode.....]. Anyway, I like it a lot, and I like that Rachel got to play a bigger part in it. And the empousai cheerleaders? Hilarious. Also, Mrs. O'Leary is adorable.

It is the fifth and final novel of the Percy Jackson series. The Last Olympian revolves on the final battle to beat Kronos.
My Thoughts: 
I thought it was a great conclusion. There isn't much else I can say, other than that it's really good. 
I highly recommend this series. 

Comments

  1. So many people have recommended this to me, but I've never been sure what these books were exactly about. They sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very fun. A great middle-grade series.

      Delete
    2. If you are a fan of Greek mythology you will enjoy it. But I suggest reading other Greek myth related books as well, and not use this as the only source of information regarding it. :)
      -Quinley

      Delete
  2. I seriously need to read this book series. One of my best friends loves it, and I have the first book...
    I'll get to it someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a great series.
      Well, you do have a lot of books so.....

      Delete
  3. Aahhh, yes, I love this series! I'm really due for a reread, honestly . . . but great reviews! I definitely agree about the first being one of the best. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too!
    Yeah, maybe it had the best plot? I'm not sure but it's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading the PJ books, even though they aren't my all time favorite Greek mythology related books. They still are books I find fun to read.
    I also really like the huntresses of Artemis that appear in them, I do wish they had showed up more though.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, they're fun books.
    Same. I like Artemis a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

The Fictional Character Tag

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy