10 Fictional Characters I Can Relate To

Hello. Have you ever read a book or watched a movie/show, and thought a character was a lot like yourself? Here are a few of mine.
#1: Elizabeth Bennett, Pride and Prejudice
Of Jane Austin's heroines, Lizzie is the one I relate to the most. We both enjoy reading, and the outdoors, and have several similar personality traits. Lizzie is very free-spirited, and independent, which I am. I also do tend to quickly judge people sometimes. Not quite as much as Elizabeth does, but more often then I'd like. It's hard to explain, but I could definitely see the similarities when I first watched Pride and Prejudice.
#2: Daisy Johnson, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
Well, first of all, Daisy reminded me of myself in the first season of AoS, when she was a new agent. Her geekiness, enthusiasm, and sense of humor were what I related to. As Daisy's storyline progressed, I found that I could relate to other parts of her. Daisy has a very strong sense of justice, and wants Inhumans to be treated just as well as humans [especially since she's one herself]. There were quite a few moments [mostly in Season Two and Season Three] where I just started cheering for her, because that's what I'd be doing if I were part of the MCU.
#3: Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds, Firefly
Like Daisy, Mal has a strong sense of justice. He follows his own moral compass, and doesn't care much about rules or what's socially acceptable. Actually, as I've rewatched Firefly, I've realized that we actually have very similar philosophies [except that I'm a Christian, and he's not religious]. Mal is also very contrary, which is kind of an unfortunate trait I have. In Shindig, when he punched Atherton Wing, I was thinking that I would have done the exact same thing. 
#4: Claudia Donovan, Warehouse 13
While I don't share her natural aptitude with tech, my personality is a lot like Claudia's.
She's very sarcastic, while also very energetic, both of which I relate to. She's also sort of the balance between Myka [who's very into literature and history, and mainly uses logic to solve problems], and Pete [very into pop-culture, and uses emotions to solve problems], which is the part I play between my two siblings. Claudia is very determined, and rarely gives up, and I'm a very determined person. 
#5: Luna Lovegood, Harry Potter
Luna is a very dreamy sort of person, which I definitely am. She's also more than a bit odd, and doesn't care what other people think of her. Luna believes in a lot of things most people don't, which I would do if I lived in the Harry Potter world. It's hard to explain Luna more, but I definitely share her weird side.
#6: Flynn Carsen, The Librarians
While Flynn is a whole lot smarter than I am, he has a lot of energy, is pretty weird, and his thought process is similar to mine. He also likes adventure, and usually wants to be in charge. He's also very messy and scatterbrained [especially in contrast to Eve], and I relate to that. 
#7: Vi Garrett, The Last Summer of the Garrett Girls
Vi is very bookish, and she also loves watching movies/TV shows, which I definitely relate to. She also likes animals, writes fanfiction [and fiction in general], and would rather be off by herself then at a party. Of the sisters, Vi is the most like me. She's also open about pretty much everything about herself. She doesn't hide things, and she cares a lot about helping people. I loved Vi's chapters the most, partly I think, because I relate to her.
#8: Ella Lopez, Lucifer
Ella is a cheerful, optimistic, ray of sunshine. She has a lot of energy and enthusiasm, she's a Christian, she's a huge geek, and I can relate to all of the above. Although she loves hugs, and I don't. Also, she writes fiction as a side job [it's unknown if they're published or not], and said her problem isn't that she gets writer's block, it's that she can't figure out which idea to use.
#9: Ezekiel Jones, The Librarians
While I'm less lazy then Ezekiel is, I like to have fun like he does, I'm very energetic like him, and I have a mischievous side like he does. Ezekiel also likes to antagonize people, which I admit is kind of fun. He's kind of like my bad side, I guess.
#10: Jo March, Little Women
I'm not a huge Little Women fan, but I always loved Jo. She's a writer, she loves to read, she's fiercely independent, she has a bad temper, she's very ambitious, and she longs for an exciting and adventure-filled life. Also, I have a sister who's kind of like Amy [after character development, my sister's never been bratty], and we used to fight a lot [we still fight, but it's a lot less]. So, basically, Jo is my literary twin.
Well, we have an interesting mix here. I feel like each of these characters represents a different part of me, so hopefully you got to know me a little better. 
Who are some characters that remind you of yourself?

Comments

  1. One of the characters I relate to is Newt Scamander, I also relate to Victor Frankenstein for some reason too.

    At one point I related to Frodo Baggins I don't know if I still do, given that I haven't read the trilogy in a while, and it could be that I relate to someone else now.

    But, it was neat to read what characters you strongly relate too. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah. It's been awhile since I saw Fantastic Beasts, but Newt is a neat character.
    Oh, interesting.
    Thanks, Quinley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked reading this post! I totally relate to Luna, too. The Jane Austen character that I relate to the most is Fanny Price from Mansfield Park, it's pretty crazy how similar we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. Ooh, yay, someone else who relates to Luna.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag

August Recap