A Study in Charlotte [Book Review]

 Hello. I'm here with a book review.

A Study in Charlotte was written by Brittany Cavallard. It's a YA mystery. It's about the descendants of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. It's told from Jamie Watson's point of view, as he meets Charlotte Holmes. Then, someone starts committing crimes based on Sherlock Holmes stories, and it's up to this duo to figure out who's doing it [and framing them].
My Thoughts: This was a really unique idea for a YA book, and it was handled very well. The author did a very good job making this have a Sherlock Holmes feel in a more modern way. So, needless to say, I enjoyed it. It also has a couple plot twists, but it gives you clues where clues are needed, and you figure it out when Jamie and Charlotte do.
The characters are also good. Jamie is similar to Dr. Watson in lots of ways, but is also clearly his own character. Charlotte is a lot like Sherlock, but, then again, it isn't told from her point of view, and she is different than Sherlock. 
The mystery is very exciting, and you really get invested in the story. 
The characters are also really great. I can't believe how much of this book I'd forgotten. I read it last August, and remembered liking it. Now, I remember why. It's definitely worth a read, at least once. 
I'd recommend this book for fans of mysteries, or Sherlock Holmes. 
Have you read A Study in Charlotte? Do you want to?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag