Ranking Taylor Swift's Albums

 Hello. So, today I thought I'd do a ranking of Taylor Swift's albums. This list goes from my least favorite to my favorite. This is just my opinion, so it obviously won't be the same for everyone.

#8: Reputation
Reputation is really the only Taylor Swift album that I don't love. There are some good songs, obviously, but I just don't think it was as good as the others. While her ''Look What You Made Me Do'' music video is really good, and I like that song, I just wasn't a big fan.

#7: Folklore
Okay, so it was really hard to choose between this one and Lover, but I think I like Lover slightly better. Folklore is still a huge step-up from Reputation. I think it's partly because it's a new album, so the songs haven't grown on me as much. I do like how different it is from all of her other albums, and, like I said, the songs are amazing, but it's just not my favorite. 

#6: Lover
Lover is another really good album. I think I like it better than Folklore just because of the style of the album. With all of the pastel colors, I mean. So, Lover has a lot of really great songs [You Need to Calm Down is so catchy!], but, like Folklore, it didn't really have any songs that I absolutely loved. Don't get me wrong, I still have most of the album on my Spotify playlist.

#5: 1989
Oh my gosh, it was SO HARD choosing between this and Fearless, but I chose this one because I like Fearless just a tiny bit better. The songs on 1989 are really good. I think this is her catchiest album, and there are so many iconic songs from this one [like Style, which is my personal favorite]. Anyway, 1989 has some of my favorite songs on here, and, yes, if I ever visit New York, I plan on playing ''Welcome to New York'' on the car/plane ride there.

#4: Fearless
Fearless has a soft, country sound that I really love. Again, so many of these songs are so iconic [Fearless, Love Story, You Belong With Me, etc], and I've always loved this album. I think Fearless was the second Taylor Swift song I ever listened to, so there's that. Fearless has lots of my favorites, and is just a wonderful album, in general.

#3: Red
Red is her most popular album, and there's a reason for that. The songs are great, the lyrics are great, and it's a mix of country and pop, so it appeals to pop music fans, and country music. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together was the first song of hers I ever listened to, and it's still one of my favorites. Anyway, the songs are great, and I just can't help wanting to listen to them over and over again. 

#2: Taylor Swift
I, apparently, like twangy country music. In fact, I didn't know how much I liked this album until I realized I love almost every single song on here. Yeah, I just love the way they sound. I also feel like this album is underappreciated. I don't know anyone who lists it as their favorite [I'm sure there are, but just none that I know]. Anyway, this is her first album, so the fact that she did all that at 16-17 is pretty impressive. 

#1: Speak Now
Speak Now has my all-time favorite Taylor Swift songs. The songwriting for this album is definitely the best, and I love almost all of these songs. If only I'd known about Taylor back in 2010 so I could have seen this album performed live [I was pretty young at the time, though, so my parents probably wouldn't let me go]. So, Speak Now is my favorite for a variety of reasons, but mostly I just love the songs and the overall feel that this album has.
Okay, that's it.
What's your favorite Taylor Swift album?


Comments

  1. I don't know if I have a favorite album of hers, but I do have a favorite song which is "Look What You Made Me Do" which also happens to be one of my MC's theme songs. I've listened to some songs from some of her old albums, and I actually preferred some of her newer songs.

    This was a fun post to read, McKayla. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, it's a really good song.
    Yeah, some people prefer her older stuff, others like her newer stuff, and some like both.
    Thanks, Quinley.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag