Celebrity of the Day: Barrett Wilbert Weed

 So, I was going through several of my old posts, and, I thought, 'how is it that I've never done a post on Barrett Wilbert Weed'? I have no idea, because Barrett is my favorite Broadway actress. 
Barrett Wilbert Weed [born November 6, 1988] is probably best known for playing Veronica Sawyer in Heathers: The Musical, and Janis Sarkisian in Mean Girls: The Musical, but she's been in some other musicals, too 


Of course I don't know her personally, but from the few interviews I've read, she seems like a cool person.
I've always loved Barrett's singing voice. I think she is an incredibly talented performer. The first Broadway song I ever really listened to was 'Apex Predator' from Mean Girls: The Musical, and I kept thinking, ''wow, she's a really good singer. I'll have to look up the soundtrack.''
And, so, that's what I did. And I don't regret it one bit, because it's one of the few soundtracks where I love every single song on there. Because it's a Broadway soundtrack, everyone is obviously super talented, but I've always thought that Barrett was the best singer. Not that I don't love and appreciate her Mean Girls costars, of course. I think that musical is incredibly underrated, and you all should listen to it, because it's amazing. Anyway, like I said, I love Barrett's voice. And I love how she expresses all kinds of emotions through her voice. I haven't listened to a whole lot of musicals she's done, but I'm a huge fan of Mean Girls [which is quite obvious by now]. I've also kind of listened to Heathers. I mean, I haven't sat down and listened to the whole soundtrack, and I don't massively geek out about it [yet] but I've heard maybe three songs [two of which Spotify recommended to me, and the other I looked up after my sister played the Riverdale version], and I like them, and, of course, Barrett's voice is absolutely amazing, and I kinda like Veronica [I mean, from the two songs I've heard where she sang]. I really love her Mean Girls character, Janis, partly because she reminds me of myself, and partly because I think she's just awesome. 
Anyway, I'd encourage you to look up some of her songs on YouTube, because it's definitely worth it. 
Well, thanks for reading. 
Are you a Broadway fan? Favorite Broadway actors/actresses?

Comments

  1. Barrett sounds like an awesome actor and singer, though I've never heard of her power I may look into what she has done.

    As for broadway, I don't listen to a lot of it. Though I do love a lesser known musical called "Frankenstein: a New Musical," which I find myself listening to over and over again. As well as listening to a much more popular one called "Phantom of the Opera."

    Though I can't say I really have any favorite broadway actors, the only reason I say that is that I am not a huge fan of musicals. And have never wanted to act in one really.

    Other than that, your post was awesome and I enjoyed reading it,
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really is. Her voice is incredible.
    Oh, cool. I've heard a lot about Phantom of the Opera.
    Yeah, I get that. Most people either really like musicals or really don't.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag