My Thoughts on All the Books I Read in August

 Hello. I read so many books in August, and really wanted to review all of them, but didn't have the time, so here are my thoughts on all of them. So, I won't be bothering with plot summaries, or facts, just simply how much I liked it. I will rate these books on a scale from 1 to 5.

The Hunger Games is one of my favorite books, but I hadn't read it in awhile. The plot is really solid, the characters are great. I loved how Katniss is so unlike your typical heroine. I mean, sure, there are tons of Katniss copycats in YA sci-fi/fantasy, but she was the original. She's sort of aloof, distrustful and not always very nice, but she's brave, has a strong sense of honor, and does the right thing. And it feels genuine, not an 'oh, I'm not like other girls.' Anyway, I really think this is one of the best YA books, and it's definitely worth reading.
My Rating: 5 stars

For some reason, I don't like Catching Fire quite as much, but it's still a really great book. It took me awhile to finish it, but it's really great. I can't say much, without giving away spoilers, but, again, it's one of the most solid YA books, and I really enjoy it. I thought this one has a really good concept, and it was executed very well. The characters, again, are good. Also, did I mention that I think Effie is absolutely hilarious? Because she is.
My Rating: 5/5 stars.
Okay, so I really love the concept of this. I mean, a modern Holmes and Watson set in high school, solving murders based on the original Sherlock Holmes stories? And the mystery was really great, and the characters were good. However, I found the pacing off, and it kind of dragged on for awhile. I finished it, but it took awhile.
My Rating: 4 stars

This book is definitely not the type of book I normally read, but I loved it. Now, it's not exceptionally well-written, nor does it have a particularly unique plot, but I liked it anyway. I was expecting a bit more, but I just had high expectations for this book. I related to the main character in terms of personality, and I loved all the pop-culture references. My favorite character was the main character's love interest, Lisa. She was great.
My Rating: 3 stars

Okay, the Heather Wells mysteries are great. They're witty, and funny, and have a great and unique cast of characters. I think the first one is the best in the series, and I really enjoyed reading it. The second one is great, too.They're not amazing, and I wouldn't rush to read them again, but they're fun and well-written, and I enjoy them. 
My Rating: 3 stars, for both of them.
Have your read any of these? Do you want to?




Comments

  1. I haven't read any of these, but I've heard a lot about the Hunger Games. Oh, and A Study in Charlotte seems like something I'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, The Hunger Games is pretty famous. I like it, though. You should read it.
    Yes, it's a really interesting book. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these either. But I am interested in reading A Study in Charlotte given that I like murder mysteries (and am writing one).

    As for the Hunger Games, Katniss sounds like an awesome character based on what you said, and though I haven't read the Hunger Games I can see why a lot of people like her.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you would really like A Study in Charlotte. It's excellent.
    She really is. I like her a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag