10 Reasons Why You Should Watch Warehouse 13

 Helllllooooooo. 
If you've read any of my blog posts you may know that I have a deep obsession with media, and fiction, and fictional characters [who am I kidding? You know this about me within the first 0.5 seconds of meeting me]. One of the many TV shows I'm obsessed with is Warehouse 13. This show is kind of lesser-known in the blogging community, so I have decided to make it my mission to convince you all to watch Warehouse 13. I came up with a solid 10 reasons why it is one of the most awesome shows ever [with a nice dose of GIFs to keep you entertained]. Warehouse 13 is like The X-Files meets The Librarians meets Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, with a good side dose of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's about two secret service agents who get recruited to find and neutralize dangerous magic artifacts, and bring them back to the Warehouse [there have been twelve before it, hence the name Warehouse 13]. There's a whole cast of great characters Let's go ahead and start.


#1: It's Free
Okay, so it may not always be free, but as of right now when I am writing this post, it's free. It's on IMDB TV, which means there are ads, but, hey, ads are better than having to pay, right?
#2: It's hilarious
Warehouse 13 is one of the most hilarious shows ever, in my opinion. Whether the humor comes from someone being 'whammied' by an artifact, Pete's goofiness, Claudia's snarky lines, or Myka and Artie's so-serious-that-it's-funny humor, Warehouse 13 is always good when you need to laugh. 
#3: The characters are amazing
Characters are the most important thing in fiction for me. Of course, plot, dialogue, continuity, etc, are very important, but if I don't care about the characters, none of that matters. Warehouse 13 has absolutely amazing characters, and I love every single one of them. They're all likable and well-developed, and you can relate to all of them at different points in the series [or you may be much more like one character. I, for example, am 100% a Claudia]. 
#4: It's intriguing
I wouldn't exactly call Warehouse 13 a mystery, but most episodes definitely keep you on the edge of your seat. It's fast-paced, but not so fast that you'll be confused. And, throughout the episode, you'll be wondering what the artifact is, or who the villain of the week is. Most shows get worse when they're on for a long time, but Warehouse 13 doesn't. It stays interesting. There is also an absurd amount of plot twists. You have been warned.
#5: The fantasy
If you're a proud fantasy fan, then you'll love Warehouse 13. It really is full of endless wonder. It's set in our world, so it's realistic fantasy, but it's still fantasy. The different ideas they have for artifacts are great. A lot of them involve famous people throughout history, and there's a lot of neat ideas they have for some of them. Plus, the whole idea of a government warehouse that finds and neutralizes magic artifacts is pretty fantasy-like, don't you think?
#6: The sci-fi
If you're more into sci-fi, Warehouse 13 has that. too. A lot of their artifact ideas are asking 'what if?' which is more of a sci-fi thing. Plus, they have special guns called Teslas, that were, fittingly, invented by Tesla. And the way they did time travel was so different from how it's usually done, and it was a really good idea. 
#7: The snark
I kind of already mentioned this, but Warehouse 13 has some amazing banter. A lot of it is between Claudia and Artie [the snark queen and king, respectively], but Myka has some good ones, too. Her dynamic with Pete is great, and one of the best parts of the show [platonic relationships like that are rarely shown on TV], and Claudia and Steve's dynamic is cool [and, again, platonic]. 
#8: H.G Wells
Again, I already mentioned characters, but I was talking about the show's main characters. Here I'm going to be talking about H.G Wells [and, yes, in WH13 H.G is a girl. They explain it]. I firmly believe she is one of the best recurring TV characters in the history of ever. She's just.....you never really know what side she's on. Also, her dynamic with Myka is just.....*screaming*. Ahhhh, it's the best.
#9: The pop-culture references
There are so many amazing references in Warehouse 13. Pete references movies all the time. Claudia references a lot of movies and shows, too. I was always so happy when I understood a reference, or when they referenced something I liked. There's just so many references, and it's fantastic. And there's a whole episode based around Shakespeare [which isn't really pop-culture, but it's awesome, nonetheless]. 
#10: The family dynamic
It's no secret that I love familial team dynamics. Sure, romantic tension is great and all, but I really love it when the team reminds me of a family. And this team really does. They all seem like they could be one really big family, and I love it. It's sweet, but with plenty of snark and goofing around, just like a real family [or my family, anyway].
So, what do you guys think? Have I convinced you to watch it? For those of you who are bothered by content, it's rated TV-PG, and it has some violence and cursing, as well as some ''romance'' but it's nothing much. If you haven't gotten bored of me saying it, Warehouse 13 is a really great show, and you should definitely watch it. 
So, have you seen Warehouse 13? Do you want to? Favorite character tropes?

























Comments

  1. Well you've convinced me. I'm watching way too many things but it's getting added to the list.
    Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I've convinced someone.
    I always do the same thing. Ah, the feeling of trying to watch a million different shows at once.
    It's really good. I've watched it way too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is giving me sooo much nostalgia omg, i watched this series 2-3 years ago and loved it! I love how whacky and eccentric it is, and the banter is on point 😂 i love all the characters but i think my favourite is probably claudia, she's so cool and relatable (and pretty 🥺)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, it's so gooooood. Now I just want to go and rewatch it.
    Yesss, the banter is excellent.
    And, yes, Claudia is my fav, too. She's super relatable to me, too (and, yes, she's super pretty).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

The Fictional Character Tag

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy