Christmas Tags

 It's almost Christmas! *squeals in excitement*This post will feature some Christmas photography from me. I'm not a great photographer and I don't have a camera [I just used my phone], so I messed up quite a bit, but I think these turned out well-ish. 
Anyway, I have been tagged two times, and since it's almost Christmas [and therefore ALMOST THE END OF 2020. WHERE DID THE YEAR GO?????????], and I have a lot of other Christmas-themed post ideas, I decided to do the tags today. 
First of all, Ivy tagged me for the 12 Delights of Christmas Tag. Thank you so much. 
Questions
A favorite Christmas tradition?
Ooh, there are so many good ones! Either watching The Polar Express with my family on Christmas Eve, or decorating Christmas sugar cookies [which is funny because I don't like cookie-decorating or baking, usually]. Mom bakes the dough, and then we have about a million cookie cutters that we use to make shapes. Then we bake them, frost them [I'm usually not allowed to do that part because I lick the knife], and then decorate them. I'm not that good at it, but it's still fun. Plus I usually end up with....interesting ones. Like that time when my gingerbread girl looked evil, or my angel looked like it was crying....or my many, many cookies that look like they were decorated by a five-year-old. In case you're wondering, my sister Amber and I make huge messes, and Marie is super neat.  Anyway, it's always a lot of fun, plus then there's cookies to eat!
Our puppy, Titan, decided to photobomb this one.
Say it snowed at your domicile, would you prefer to go out or stay curled up inside?
Realistically, I'd probably do both. Go out and have an adventure until I'm practically freezing, then come back in and spend the rest of the day reading, writing and watching shows under a pile of blankets.
Tea or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate! 
Favorite Christmas colors [i.e white, blue, red and green etc]?
Out of those colors, blue is my favorite, but I don't really associate it with Christmas, so red and green.
Favorite kind of Christmas cookie?
The previously mentioned sugar cookies. Also, gingerbread [side note: does anyone remember that Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode called ''Gingerbread''?].
How soon before Christmas do you decorate [more specifically, when does your tree go up]?
The day after Thanksgiving. My dad's super strict about this, so we don't even listen to Christmas music out loud until after Thanksgiving.
Three favorite traditional Christmas carols?
Hark! The Herald Angel Sings, Silent Night, and Carol of the Bells.
A favorite Christmas song [ie something you might hear on the radio?
I don't think it's something you'd hear on the radio, but Rockin' Around the Pole. It's from a musical that I love, and the music video gives me LIFE.
I've been having a lot of trouble getting YouTube videos to play, so if it doesn't play just look up 'Rockin' Around the Pole-Mean Girls: The Musical, and it should show up.
My other favorites are I'll Be Home for Christmas, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, White Christmas, Blue Christmas, and Baby It's Cold Outside [or, more specifically, the Glee version. Because it's sung by Chris Colfer and Darrin Criss].
My sister really likes interior design, so she decorated her dollhouse for Christmas. It turned out really well. She's so talented.
A favorite Christmas movie?
Either Home Alone, Die Hard, or Elf. I can't narrow it down past that.
Have you ever gone caroling?
I don't think so? I'm sure Amber and I sung Christmas songs at the top of our lungs during the Christmas season many times, though [our poor, poor neighbors].
Ice skating, sledding, skiing, or snowboarding?
Can I say all of them? OK, fine. Hmmmm.....maybe sledding? We have a great hill for it. I almost crashed into a tree. It was awesome.
Favorite Christmas Feast dish?
My family isn't big on fancy dinners, so I don't think we've had an official Christmas Feast. We do have snack food every Christmas Eve, and I love that. 
Man, almost everybody has been nominated already. So, if you haven't and want to do it, feel free to. 
Then, Skye nominated me for The Christmas Tag 2020 Edition. Again, thank you so much. 
Rules
Put on your favorite Christmas Playlist to listen to while answering
Have a Christmas drink and/or snack while writing
Thank the blogger who tagged you and link to their site
Answer the 9 original questions
Answer the questions set by whoever tagged you
Ask 2 questions of your own
Tag 6 bloggers to take part
The Questions
When does your tree go up?
As previously mentioned, the day after Thanksgiving. 
If money were no object, how and where would you spend Christmas?
For some reason, all my brain is thinking of is fictional places. And, I mean, with the stuff I read and watch, would I really want to spend Christmas fighting monsters or something [I mean, this is me, so I probably would]. Ummmm, maybe New York? Y'know, because there's Rockefeller Center, and I could go ice skating and look at Christmas trees like in Elf.
What Christmas movie do you have to watch every Christmas season?
Most of them? I love Christmas movies. Okay, so Elf, Home Alone, Die Hard, Christmas Chronicles, The Man Who Invented Christmas, The Santa Clause, The Polar Express, and Christmas Vacation. 
I really, really like Christmas movies.
Who do you find the hardest to buy presents for?
EVERYBODY. Okay, no, that's not entirely true. My siblings are pretty easy to buy for, but everybody else? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY WANT. Gifts stress me out, so I spend part of the Christmas season freaking out and being super stressed because I don't know what other people want, and I don't know what I want, and, yeah, it's not fun. BUT THEN, I get the gift part figured out, and I get to spend the rest of the Christmas season being super, super, super, super hyper about everything, so everything's all good, yay.
Would you rather buy lots of little presents for a hamper, or buy one big/main present?
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, depends on the person? But probably one big/main present. Because I have enough trouble figuring out one thing to buy for people, so, could you imagine me having to figure out multiple present ideas for everyone [spoiler alert: It would not go well].
What did you leave out for Santa when you were a child?
Cookies, milk, a note. You know, the usual. Amber and I tried to ''catch'' Santa a couple times. Seriously, we had traps and everything. They didn't work, but we tried.
Where did you spend last Christmas?
Mostly at home, but we visited by Grandpa and Aunt, and spent part of the day with them.
Which Christmas song makes you cringe?
Last Christmas. *shudders* No offence if you like the song, I just.....don't. Also, I used to love ''Baby, Please Come Home for Christmas'' until my sister Amber started playing it constantly [and just to annoy everyone], so now I can't stand it.
If you could be a character in a holiday movie, who would you be, and why?
Kevin McCallister from Home Alone. Because he has a lot of fun and do whatever he wants while his family's gone [and I'd get to fufill a lifelong dream of mine of having the house to myself for a few days], and he defeats bad guys [at only eight years old], plus his family comes back for Christmas being much nicer than before, so all ends well.
Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yup! Just once, but hopefully again this year.
Is your tree real or fake?
Fake. I would like a real tree, though. My mom has allergies, so I kind of assumed that's why we don't have one, but it could also be because real trees make a bigger mess. Idk. 
Choose a holiday drink: spiced apple cider or eggnog?
Spiced apple cider.
Again, if you'd like to do the tag, go ahead. The questions are the same as above, plus here's my two that I added. 
Which TV Christmas special is your favorite [you can pick up to three, since there's so many].
If you had to spend Christmas with any group of fictional characters [i.e the Scooby Gang from Buffy], which group would you choose?
Alright, that's all for today. Happy Holidays everybody!




Comments

  1. Love all your answers. (I remember the Gingerbread episode on Buffy XD)
    Christmas movies really are the best.
    Kevin in Home Alone, really did make the most of his situation.
    Hope you have another white Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks [I figured you would].
    They are! I should make a Christmas movie post.
    He did. Such a resourceful kid.
    Thanks! Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am exactly the same as you when it comes to decorating Christmas cookies. All of these pictures are so pretty! I hope that you get a white Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, glad I'm not alone.
    Aw, thank you so much! Me too. It's looking promising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your answers and the photos are all really pretty! The Snoopy stuffy and your dog are adorable.

    The Kevin GIF made me laugh. It just felt so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, thank you. They're so cute.
    I'm glad you liked it. That's what I thought, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This got me into the Christmas spirit

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag

August Recap