My Eleven Favorite TV Christmas Episodes

 Hello again, and Merry Christmas Eve [how is it Christmas Eve already?????How?????]. So, today I'll be listing some of my favorite TV show Christmas episodes. So, let's get started. 
#11: Liv and Maddie: Fa-la-la-A-Rooney
Despite the fact that I'm not really in the age range this show was intended for [eh, what can I say? Some days I think I'm an eight-year old at heart], I still find the first few seasons of this show really funny. In this episode, Liv has to work with an evil little girl for a Christmas performance, Parker tries to get Christmas revenge on Joey, and Maddie and their dad try to decorate the best Christmas tree. It's really funny, plus Dove Cameron sings a really great rendition of ''Let It Snow'' but there are some that I like better, so that's why it's #11 on this list. Also, their mom playing the flute and practicing flag twirling are the best parts of this episode.
#10: Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries: Murder Under The Mistletoe
I mean, really, what's more Christmas-y than murder? Just kidding [please don't call the cops. I promise I'm not murdering anyone]. This episode is, basically, the Christmas-themed ''And Then There Were None.'' In this story, when Miss Fisher, Aunt Prudence, Dot, and Mac are traveling to the Australian alps for Christmas in July, people start being murdered to the theme of The 12 Days of Christmas. It's so intriguing, and there's a twist that you don't see coming. The only reason this is lower on the list is because it's been, er, a few years since I've seen it, so I'm having trouble remembering all that happened in this episode, but I remember that I really liked it. 
#9: Chuck: Chuck Vs Santa Claus
Things are going smoothly at the Buy More where Chuck works......until this guy crashes into the store, and starts taking people hostage. This episode pays homage to Die Hard in a hilarious way, and it's actually one of my favorite episodes of the series. The references are GOLD, the story is solid, and it's an unconventional take on Christmas specials.
#8: Riverdale: Silent Night, Deadly Night
You know I had to have some Riverdale on here. It's lower on the list because it's a little less festive than the other episodes on here, but it's still really good! Plus there are some festive moments [Archie and his dad selling Christmas trees, Veronica showing some true Christmas spirit by paying Fred's hospital bills for him, and Cheryl decorating Thistlehouse to make Nana Rose happy], and some crucial plot points. Plus, in this episode, Archie almost gets buried alive, and Betty hits the Black Hood in the face with a shovel. It doesn't get more festive than that [kidding again, I promise].
#7: The Librarians: And the Christmas Thief
Ahhhh, I love this show! And I love this episode. In it, Eve and Flynn go on a vacation, which leaves Cassandra, Ezekiel, and Stone in charge of the Library. Normally, that would be fine, except Ezekiel's mother [also a thief] breaks into the Library, and steals a bunch of stuff [including the globe that creates the Magic Back Door] to give to Santa's evil brother, the Patron Saint of Thieves. This results in them chasing her in Santa's sleigh. Like most Librarians episodes, it balances humor and drama really well, and this episode has so much Christmas spirit. It gets a solid 10/10 from me. 
#6: Glee: Glee, Actually
First of all, yes, the title was taken from Love, Actually. Second of all, I really love this episode! It's Glee, so they've got some really great songs in this episode, and there's multiple different plots that all tie together. The plots range from silly [Brittany and Sam worrying about the Mayan apocalypse] to sweet [Sue genuinely being nice and helping out Marley and her mom], and I love it. 
#5: Leverage: The Ho-Ho-Ho Job
This episode is peak Leverage. First of all, Chaos returns, and he's great. Secondly, the whole plot in this episode is amazing, and well-written. But, really, what makes this episode so good is the fact that Parker still believes in Santa Claus, and insists that they help out Mall-Santa. Oh, and did I mention what she wants for Christmas? Money. As in, cash. I don't even think she was going to buy something with it, I think she just liked having cash. 
#4: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Amends

It's a dark and angsty, Angel-centric Christmas special. What more could you want? That last scene with Buffy and Angel walking in the snow is absolute perfection, Willow and Oz get some great scenes, plus there's Faith, who I absolutely love. And the fact that she genuinely did come over to celebrate with Buffy is so heartwarming. And the fact that Joyce suggested to invite her. Ahhh, so many great moments!
#3: The Librarians: And Santa's Midnight Run
This episode is really, really great, and just feels very Christmas-y. In this episode, the Serpent Brotherhood kidnaps Santa [who's fittingly played by Bruce Campbell], and the Librarians have to get him back. Cassandra's pure enthusiasm about it all is amazing, and this episode is hilarious, plus the ending is super emotional, which makes it even more fantastic. 
#2: A Very Glee Christmas
This is not only one of my favorite Christmas episodes, but also one of my favorite Glee episodes. It has some great moments from Sue [from her being everybody's Secret Santa to her dressing up as the Grinch to steal those presents back], as well as Brittany still completely, without a shadow of doubt, believing in Santa Claus. It's really funny and sweet, and has some great Christmas songs.
#1: Warehouse 13: Secret Santa
And the top spot on my list is occupied by none other than this excellent Warehouse 13 episode. In this one, a selfish executive is being visited by a slightly evil Santa Claus who wants him to change his ways, or he'll disappear forever [or something like that], so Pete and Myka have to put their Christmas plans on hold, and save him. Meanwhile, Claudia is trying to give Artie the best Christmas ever. First, by getting him his childhood piano [which she dubbed ''the Glakankiller], and then by reuniting him with his distant father, and dragging her brother, Joshua, into her schemes. Oh my goodness, this episode is EVERYTHING. It's sweet, it's dramatic, it's funny, it's fantasy-filled, and it really shows the true Christmas spirit. I highly suggest you watch it at least once [which reminds me......I need to watch this episode again]. I mean, you should probably some other episodes first [you know, for context]. Actually, y'know what, just watch the whole show. 
So, those are my eleven favorite Christmas specials [because I couldn't just be normal and pick ten]. Have you seen any of these? What are some of your favorite Christmas episodes?




Comments

  1. The only one of these I've seen is the Buffy one. I'm only in season one of Leverage, but can't wait to get to a Christmas episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that's a really good one!
    WAIT, YOU'RE WATCHING LEVERAGE? Ahhhhh! It's such a good show! The Christmas episodes are great, but so are all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've seen the Liv and Maddie one, but I'm not sure. Great idea for a list!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag

August Recap