My Favorite Marvel Heroes

 Hello again, fellow bloggers. This is my second post for Thunderbird Queen and Miss Woodhouse's MCU Blogathon. The Blogathon is running for the entire month of January, so if you want to join, you still have time to make a post. Anyway, today's post is about my favorite MCU characters. This was so hard because there are so many good ones. At first I was doing just five, but then I kept thinking of more that I liked. To make things a bit easier, I decided to stick to heroes, even though there are some great sidekicks [*cough* Luis *cough*] and villains [*cough* Loki]. So, let's get started.
#7: Scott Lang
The Ant-Man movies are really great, and I think that's partly because of Scott. He's a nice guy, despite being a former criminal. He's funny, he has great lines, and he's a great character. Also, he's a great dad [TBH, we need more good parents in fiction]. I think I covered the basics of why I like him, but I'm sure there are more reasons that I've forgotten.
#6: Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons
Yes, yes, I know that Fitz and Simmons are different people, but I love them best when they're together, and they have similar personalities, so I put them together. In case you haven't watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, basically what you need to know is that they're the brains of the SHIELD team. Both of them are highly intelligent, and slightly awkward. They do have their differences, though. Jemma is a little more blunt, and cares more about following rules, while Fitz cares more about doing the right thing, and is more sensitive [they're ISTJ Ravenclaw and INFP Hufflepuff, respectively]. I love it when they work together as a team, but I also love when we get to see them shine individually. Also, can the writers please stop ruining their lives, and just let these sweet cinnamon rolls be happy?
#5: Melinda May
To say that May kicks butt would be a massive understatement. Now, most of the SHIELD ladies are capable fighters, but May is on a whole other level. Just look up one of her fight scenes on YouTube. They're amazing. She's also an interesting character. She's quiet, and stoic, but extremely witty and snarky. She's also very kind, and has experienced a lot of tragedy in her past. She's very, very, very well-developed. Plus, did I mention that she kicks butt? 
#4: Tony Stark
 
Ah, Tony. He's one of those characters that most people either love or hate. Personally, I love him. He has, by far, the best lines, he's highly entertaining, and he's also an interesting character. He may seem like a jerk at first [and he is, but he has his reasons], but he has a lot of depth. He's also just interesting. And funny. And awesome. And lots of other things that I'm not going to bother describing here.
#3: Natasha Romanoff
NATASHAAAAA! She's one of those characters who most people love, and for good reason. First of all, even though she doesn't have superpowers, she's an awesome martial artist, speaks multiple languages, and is pretty good at manipulation, too. Also, some of her lines are just the greatest. She has a lot of depth, too. She can be very vulnerable, and she cares about her team a lot. She might not look like it, but she's kind of the heart of the Avengers. 
#2: Daisy Johnson
If I'm being honest, the reason I like Daisy so much is because I see a lot of myself in her [and I don't mean that in a narcissistic way. I just mean that it's cool to see a hero I can relate to]. She's also a very well-rounded and well-developed character. She starts out the show as a geeky and snarky hacker [side note: why do I relate to hacker characters so often? I have, like, zero tech skills], and then gains superpowers, learns how to fight, and saves the world. She's rebellious and a bit reckless, but she's smart, she's strong, she's kind, and she really wants to help people.
#1: Wanda Maximoff
Wanda has been my favorite ever since I saw Age of Ultron for the first time, which was.....two years ago, I think [I was a little behind on the Marvel movies]. First of all, I love emotionally damaged characters [told you, I'm weird. Maybe it's because I just want to hug them, or maybe because they're just interesting to me]. Second of all, Wanda has awesome powers. Thirdly, she goes through a lot of hardships and loses basically everything, and she still doesn't give up. That's some serious strength right there.
So, who are your favorite Marvel heroes? Do we like any of the same ones?










Comments

  1. This was quite fun to read even though I don't know a lot of them haha.

    And OH MY GOSH NATASHA!!!!!!!! I only know her from Winter Soldier and Civil War (I hear she's in a lot more of them though), but I love her so. much. It makes sense to me, too, that's she so popular! Because she a) can do cool stuff, and b) is so HUMAN. Like I'm just so impressed at how HUMAN they made her and how GREAT she is. Ahhh I love her. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.
    OH MY GOSH, YES! She is.
    EXACTLY! Yes, she deserves all the fandom love. That's exactly why I love her, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the Agents of Shield yet so I haven't seen some of the people you mentioned but I love the other ones you mentioned like Tony, Natasha, Scott Lang, Wanda (also Loki! he's just fun to watch. Especially in Thor the Dark World)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, you should see Agents of SHIELD. It's really good.
    Yes! They're all so good [Loki's so fun. He's great].

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices and it's hard to narrow it down since there are so many good ones. I'd go with Scott Lang (your #7) as my top fav.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of great Marvel characters. Scott Lang is hilarious and awesome!

      Delete
  6. I love Wanda, Nat, Tony, and Scott! You outlined their characters really well. I haven't seen the others yet, but they sound like great choices for favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Oh, thank you so much. They are. I feel like you'd like Fitz and Simmons, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit, I have not seen a single Ant-man movie or the age of ultron, nor have I seen the show Shield so I can't say much about these characters. I don't care much for Iron Man though - just not my kind of superhero. Melinda May sounds awesome, I think I would like her.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agents of Shield is kind of lesser-known in terms of the MCU so not many people have seen it.
    That makes sense. He can be kind of annoying.
    I think you would, too. She's very cool.
    Thank you. You too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tony, Natasha, and Wanda are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, they're all such good characters!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag