Series Review: Julie and the Phantoms

 Hello! Happy Star Wars day to you all. 
 So, as I said in my April Recap, I recently finished Julie and the Phantoms, and I loved it, so here's my review. I'd actually been meaning to write this review before, but I completely forgot about it.....hehe. 
Also, here's a quick shout-out to MovieCritic for reviewing this show, otherwise I don't think I would have wanted to watch it.
So, let's get started on the review. 
Creators: Dan Cross, David Hoge
Cast: Madison Reyes, Charlie Gillespie, Owen Joyner, Jeremy Shada, Jadah Marie, Sacha Carlson, Savannah Lee May, Carlos Ponce, Booboo Stewart, Sonny Bustamante, Cheyenne Jackson, Alison Araya
Rating: TV-G
Summary: Julie is a teenage girl who rediscovers her passion for music, a year after her mother's death, with the help of  Sunset Curve, the band who's been dead for 25 years. In turn, she joins their band, and they discover that the ghosts can be seen when they play music.
My Thoughts: 
I love this show so much! It's become one of my new favorites, and I love a lot about it.
If the trailers didn't grasp your attention, don't worry. They didn't really pull me in either, but it's so worth watching. This show may be meant for a younger audience, but I think it can appeal to someone from any age group.
What I Liked:
-The characters
I love all of the characters in this show! I'm not kidding when I say that I really can't pick a favorite. The four main characters all work really well as a group. Julie is the smart, responsible one who's usually the voice of reason, Luke has a bit of a temper, but he's a really good leader, Alex is the sweet, sensitive one, and Reggie is cheerful and funny and sort of played as the dumb one. Also, I love all of the supporting characters! They're great, too. 
-The music
The music in this show is amazing! I love pretty much all of the songs, but I think ''Finally Free'' might be my favorite.
-The story
The whole story is just so good and so unique and it's just so interesting. I love it.
-The dialogue
The dialogue in this show is just THE BEST. It's so quotable.
-The relationships
 
I'm not just talking about the romantic relationships [though those are great, too]. I'm talking about all of the different relationships. Everything from Julie and Flynn's friendship to the bond between Luke and Alex and Reggie, and even Julie's relationship with her dad and her brother. All of the actors have such good chemistry. 
-Also, plenty of diversity but not done in a forced way. Yayyyyyy! That's always great.
There are so many other things, but I'm just gonna stop there. 
What I Didn't Like:
I can't really think of anything. I really, really liked this show. 
So, I would definitely recommend this show. I think it's really, really great. 
So, let's talk. Have you seen Julie and the Phantoms? Did you like it? What was your favorite song, and who are your favorite characters [feel free to pick as many as you like]?


Comments

  1. I loved them all XD I liked the diversity too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. It's so hard to choose when they're all so good. Right? It was so well handled and not preachy, but it was there and that made me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome show! I love all of the characters and I really, really hope we get a season two. I think my favorite song is probably "Edge of Great", although I really like "The Other Side of Hollywood" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is! All the characters are so great. Me too.
    Ooh, such good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! You reviewed it! Aww, thanks for the shout out! Yes to everything you said. The relationships are one of my favorite parts, too. The gifs you used are stellar. My favorite song is Edge of Great, but that is closely followed by Finally Free. I love singing the back up vocals in both of those! I can't pick a favorite character either because they are all so good. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem! All of the relationships are so good! Thanks.
    Edge of Great is one of my favorites, too. Same.
    They're all so great that it's impossible to pick one favorite. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is seriously such a comfort show for me! i really hope we get a second season. And i do have a hard time picking a favorite character but Luke has such a big space in my heart. I love stupid boys with messy hair and guitars XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, it's so good! Me too. And a third season. I love Luke! XD. Same, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one looks so cute! Currently drowning in a million shows, but I'll check it out at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is! I'd love to hear your thoughts on it when/if you decide to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like such a cool show. And I agree with Annika, it's neat that has a diverse cast. :D
    -Quinley
    P.S. I nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I feel like you'd really like it. Yeah, that's definitely really cool.
      P.S. Thank you! I'll be sure to do that sometime soon.

      Delete
  12. I hadn't initially planned on watching this one, but I might at some point. Love the gifs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either, but I'm glad I decided to watch it. I underestimated how good it was going to be. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

The Fictional Character Tag

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy