The Glee Book Tag

 I actually haven't done very many book tags, which is a tragedy because I feel like I don't talk about my favorite books enough. Or maybe I do, and you all are tired of hearing me talk about my favorites, which I'm going to do some more, haha. 
So, I'm a massive Gleek. 
*sarcastic gasps*
''What, McKayla, you're a fan of this weird little musical dramedy? It's not like you talk about it ALL THE FREAKING TIME.''
So, I was wondering if Glee book tags existed, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that one did!
I found this tag on Lauren's blog, and I have no idea who created it [but whoever it was, kudos to them because the questions are awesome]. So, let's go ahead, and get this thing started.

Rachel Berry: A Book You Read To Be An Overachiever in Your Fandom

I can't think of any, really. I read for fun, for the most part.
Maybe the Buffy comics? I haven't read very many of them yet, and it wasn't really done for the purpose of overachieving in that fandom, but I think reading that sort of counts, right?

Mercedes Jones: A Book That Just Has It All

The Lightning Thief, hands down. I really like the whole Percy Jackson series, but that one is my favorite, and it just has so many great storytelling elements, and these books have influenced my writing SO MUCH.

Kurt Hummel: A Book That You Read Before It Was Popular

I haven't read that many books before they were popular. Usually I end up reading books way after everyone else has already read them. I guess the closest I have is The Girls I've Been, which I read just a few months after it was released, so I wasn't late to the fandom [and I'm usually late. So not being late is early for me].

Artie Abrams: A Book That You Wish Had More Recognition



Definitely The Last Summer of the Garrett Girls.
You all have heard me gush about it many times and maybe one day I'll stop talking about it. 
That day is not today.
I don't get why this book isn't more popular. It's the perfect summer read, all of the characters are so interesting to read about, and I like all the pop-culture references, the tropes used [except for the cheating part, but that was done better than it is in lots of other books I've read. I'm not saying it's good, I'm just saying it didn't make me want to poke my eyes out], and I just loved the vibe of this book.

Tina Cohen-Chang: A Book You're Not Sure About Whether You Liked It Or Not

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. 
I liked some parts of it, I disliked some parts of it, and I was indifferent to some parts of it. 'Twas a very confusing book [not confusing because it was hard to understand the story, but confusing to figure out whether I liked it or not].

Will Schuester: A Book That You Always Go Back to For Comfort



But-but-but I've already used my go-to comfort book. Hmmm.....
Well, I've re-read Anne of Green Gables a lot. And I think I've re-read Little Women a few times, too. 
Both of those are fairly comfort-y books, I would say.

Finn Hudson: A Book That Took You On An Emotional Roller Coaster Ride

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. That book brought me so much happiness, so much sadness, and so much rage. Sometimes all at once. I have strong feelings, y'all.


Sue Sylvester: A Book That You Liked More Than You Expected To


Ooh, that's a hard one. I have very high expectations for books.
Maybe A Good Girl's Guide to Murder? I did expect to like it, but I flew through it in about two days, which would suggest that I liked it even more than I thought I would. Of course it's hard to tell with murder mysteries. 

Quinn Fabray: A Book That Everyone Seems To Love But You Loathe




Um, I have issues with this question because I actually really like Quinn.
Okay, I don't know if everyone loved it, but I have serious issues with Of Fire and Stars.
And by ''issues'' I mean that I just don't think it's all that well-written. The characters are one-dimensional and stereotypical and the worldbuilding isn't that great either. 

Sam Evans: A New Book That You'd Like To See Do Well

So, this hasn't been released yet, but Jessica Spotswood, Tess Sharpe, Caroline Tung Richmond and Joy McCullough are writing a WW2 Little Women retelling, and I hope it does well and exceeds my expectations, partly because it's such a unique idea [they're each writing a different March sister's POV], partly because I love Little Women, and partly because, um, hello, LGBTQIA+ representation.

Blaine Anderson: Name Your Favorite Romance Book

My first thought was Pride and Prejudice, but that just doesn't fit for Blaine [I know, I know, I'm overthinking things], so my favorite YA contemporary romance is probably To All the Boys I've Loved Before.
That was technically the end of the tag, but I'm adding to it because you just can't have a Glee Book Tag without Brittany and Santana.

Santana Lopez: A Book With Great Character Development

I feel like pretty much all of the characters developed a lot in both The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue and The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Pirates. Special points go to Monty and Felicity, the main characters of their respective books.



Brittany S. Pierce: A Book With A Character You Just Wanted to Hug

I'm going to go with Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda and Leah on the Offbeat, both by Becky Albertalli.
Simon vs. would fit best with the first category because Simon Spier was adorable and awkward and I wanted to give him a hug for pretty much the entire book because he's just THE ABSOLUTE BEST.
So, that's it. I'm not tagging anyone, so, if you want to do this tag, do it. You don't even have to like Glee.
So, let's talk. Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them?



Comments

  1. This was so fun to read. :D I really enjoyed Anne of Green Gables and Percy Jackson too. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh, cool. They're both great books.

      Delete
  2. Percy Jackson is great! I've been wanting to read A Good Girl's Guide to Murder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Ooh, I think you would like A Good Girl's Guide to Murder. It's a very twist-y mystery, and I really like the main character.

      Delete
  3. Mansfield Park was a confusing one for me too. There were a few things I liked about it but everything else just took forever for me to get through. For the most part I don't think it was my particular kind of book was the conclusion I came too.

    Loved this! I love those times you find something that combines interests. It's always a bit of a rush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was sort of the conclusion I came to, too. I like it, but I also don't like it.....like I said, very confusing. XD.
      Thanks! Me too. It's the best.

      Delete
  4. I have mixed feelings about Mansfield Park. Except it was my first Austen book, so it's special for that reason ;D

    thesocialporcupine.com
    thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that. It's special for sentimental reasons, kind of. I have books like that.

      Delete
  5. Book tags are always so fun! Anne of Green Gables is such a comfort book. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is one of my favorites, but I definitely had so many emotions while reading it! Yeah, that's how I feel about Mansfield Park, too. Good additions for your added questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! It is. I love it so much. It's one of my favorites, too.
      Like I said, it was a confusing book. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag