Music I've Been Listening To Recently

 Hi everyone! Today's post is pretty short. I've been listening to a lot of music recently, and I thought I'd share some of my favorites.
Summer Nights [Glee Cast Version]
I mean, first of all, it just reminds me of summer. Secondly, I first started watching Glee around this time last year, so I think nostalgia is a factor for why I've been listening to it. And, also, it's just a great duet.
Monsters and Fairies-Savannah
I feel like she isn't a very well-known singer, which is sad because she's so talented. I love so much of her music, but this song might be my favorite of hers. It has such a powerful message. 
Nowhere To Be Found, Fingertips and I'll Never Know-Savannah


These two are also great songs. She has a lot of other great songs, but these are the ones I've been listening to the most. Also, I love her style! Her hair is absolutely amazing. 
Girls Like Girls-Hayley Kiyoko
Okay, so the music video isn't linking for whatever reason, but you should definitely look it up on YouTube. 
Come to think of it, it may have inspired a WIP I wrote [except, like, with supernatural elements].
Burn/Traitor Mashup-Phillipa Soo and Olivia Rodrigo
I'm not a big fan of Traitor as a song, but when it's mixed with Burn? I love it.
Albums
The entire Hamilton soundtrack
This is such a good musical! Ever since watching it, I've been re-listening to it. I love all of the songs, but my favorites are ''My Shot'', ''Burn'', ''Satisfied'', ''Guns and Ships'', ''The Room Where It Happened'' and ''Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story''. What are yours?
Lover-Taylor Swift
I just love the whole vibe of this album. It's perfect for summer. I kind of want to live in one of her Lover music videos. My favorite songs from this album are ''Lover'', ''False God'', ''Soon You'll Get Better'', ''I Forgot That You Existed'', ''Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince'' and ''You Need to Calm Down.'' 
Sour-Olivia Rodrigo
I love almost every song on this album. I completely get why it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I really like it. I wish ''Brutal'', ''Enough For You'' and ''Jealousy, Jealousy'' had been out when I wrote my last WIP because they fit the story so well. Well, except for ''Traitor.'' I think some of them are overplayed, but I still like the songs. Some of my favorites are ''brutal'', ''deja vu'', ''enough for you'', ''jealousy, jealousy'' and ''hope ur okay.'' 
So, that's what I've been listening to lately. What about you? What are some of your favorite current songs?
Have you heard any of these?

Comments

  1. Thank you for introducing me to Savannah's music, I just listened to her song "Monsters and Fairies" and her voice is beautiful.💙

    I haven't heard much of the other music you listed, though I have listened to a few of Taylor Swift's songs. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Her voice really is beautiful, and her songs are so underrated.
      Taylor Swift is always great. Which of her albums is your favorite?

      Delete
    2. I really like Reputation and Lover, what about you? Which of her albums is your favorite? :D

      Delete
    3. Ooh, great choices! I really like Lover, Folklore and Speak Now.

      Delete
    4. Oh cool. :D Also, random question do you have any musicals that you're listening to right now? :) I've been listening to a few.

      Delete
    5. Lots of Hamilton, mostly. I've also been listening to a few of my other favorites (Mean Girls, Heathers, Wicked, Six, Newsies, Dear Evan Hansen, Beetlejuice, Hadestown, etc). Which musicals have you been listening to?

      Delete
    6. A few from Frankenstein: A New Musical, And Jekyll and Hyde musical. :) They're both obscure musicals, but I love the music from them. Have you discovered any new singers or bands recently? I have. :D

      Delete
    7. Ooh, those sound good.
      A few. I think Savannah might be the newest singer I've found.

      Delete
    8. They are. :D
      Oh cool, I recently found a band called Blackbriar and their music is inspired by fairy tales and mythology, so I love them. :)

      Delete
    9. Ooh, that sounds like a really cool band.

      Delete
    10. It is. :) Do you have any songs that you're playing on repeat right now? :D

      Delete
    11. Um, ''Unbreakable'' by Fireflight, ''Nowhere to Be Found'' by Savannah and ''Fingertips'' by Savannah.

      Delete
    12. Oh neat, I've been listening to "Snow White and Rose Red" by Blackbriar, "Birth to My Creation" from Frankenstein, and "Arms of the Ocean" also by Blackbriar on repeat. :)

      Delete
  2. Loved this! I'm always curious what music people listen to. I hadn't heard of Savanah but she sounds really familiar and now I'm stuck here not being able to place it. Maybe I'd heard her somewhere else before. Nice to have a name for her though.
    I always love a good mashup song.
    Lover is such a good album too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hmm, maybe you've heard one of her songs before? She also has a YouTube channel, I think, so maybe you've seen one of her videos.
      Yup, same.
      It is!

      Delete
  3. I love Olivia Rodrigo's music. Hadn't heard of Savannah, but she's good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, she has so many great songs!
      I hadn't heard of her until recently either. I'm surprised her music isn't more famous, because she's really talented.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag