October Recap

 I can't believe that October's over! 2021 has just flown by so fast. October was a really great month for me, and it felt really long for some reason. Not sure why. 
Let's get on with the recap, though. 
Books I Read In October







Plus, since I didn't really do any book reviews, here are some of my thoughts on these books.
Jane Eyre: 4 stars [I liked Jane, the writing style was great, and the story was interesting, but Mr. Rochester exists, which knocks it down a whole star]
Sweet and Bitter Magic: 5 stars [I loved it! The characters were interesting and I loved their dynamic, the magic system and world-building was really cool, plus there's a sapphic relationship]
The Graveyard Book: 5 stars [just a really interesting book, with great characters, plus I love Neil Gaiman's writing].
Incarceron: 3 stars [it was okay. I didn't regret reading it, but it wasn't a favorite. The concept was really interesting, though].
The Light Fantastic: 4 stars [I love Terry Pratchett's writing style, and this was a really light, fun read].
Dracula: 5 stars [just really interesting. I liked most of the main characters, and I thought the story was great].
Rebel Robin: 4 stars [I love Robin, so it was fun to get some backstory on her, and I really liked reading it. I enjoyed it, but not quite enough to make it a five-star read.
Movies/TV Shows I Watched in October
Ah! I loved this movie! I've been waiting so long for Natasha to have her own solo movie, and now she does, and it's glorious. I thought the action scenes were great, the plot was engaging, and I loved her family. 

This was a really good adaptation! There were a few things that weren't in the book, but it was a pretty good adaptation, and I thought Felicity Jones and J.J Feild were great in their roles. 

I really liked this one! I loved this movie's aesthetic, and I liked the artsiness of this adaptation. Anya-Taylor Joy was a great Emma. She just got the character so well, although I also thought that the entire cast was great. 

I still prefer the 2019 version, but this movie was really sweet and very book-accurate. I  loved the cast in this movie as well [look, Amy may have gotten more development in the 2019 version, but Kirsten Dunst plays a brat so well. And Winona Ryder is always amazing]. 

I've written about this before, but I think it's a really fun '80s movie that everyone should see at least once. 

Just a classic! It's such a fun movie [and another great book adaptation. I've seen a lot of those this month], and I love it! Also, the cast is also great in this one. 

This is another fun movie where the cast is amazing, and the plot is really fun. I love all the dark humor. 

A great Halloween classic! It's just such a fun, Halloween-y movie, the Sanderson sisters crack me up, and I do like some of the other characters [mostly Max's younger sister, Dani]. This is another I think everyone should see once.
Season Six
I liked it, but I would've preferred it to end the way Season Five did. Still, it was fun.
This month I mostly re-watched Glee. I love Glee, as you all now, and I was happy to re-watch it.

This month I watched the Halloween episodes, which are great. 

And I re-watched some Stranger Things for Halloween. As always, it's a great show.
Life Stuff in October
-I had martial arts again this month. It's so fun and I love it.
-I had to stay at a hotel with my family for a few days because the water wasn't working at our house and we had a dentist appointment really early the next morning, so that wasn't fun, but we got to have lots of good food, the beds were nice, and there was a Castle marathon on TV, so it wasn't all bad.
-We later had to stay at a neighbor's house for a day, which I thought was more fun because they had a really cool house.
-I took a break from my book this month. I took a good two-week break, and then have been working on a fanfiction, but it's just a fun project, not one I'm taking too seriously.
-It was my birthday this month! It was a lot of fun. There was cake, and I got lots of books [and a gift card, so I can buy more books], and we watched a movie and lots of episodes of Drunk History, so it was a great birthday.
-I also got to have a break from school! During that week, I put blue streaks in my hair, went swimming, got my nose pierced, and went bowling, but also got some time just to chill. 
-Halloween! How was your Halloween? Who did you dress up as? I was Veronica from Heathers, and my costume was pretty great, if I do say so myself.


So, that was my month. How was yours?










Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a cool October, I am currently reading Jane Eyre and I agree with you about Mr. Rochester (I don't like him...at all ). Oh and the Graveyard Book is so good, I love Bod's relationship with his (ghost) family. Your Veronica costume looks awesome by the way. :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! Ugh, yes, he's terrible. It is! That part is awesome. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Jane Eyre is great though it's now not my favorite Bronte book. I guess it's because I have seen a few movie adaptations in which Mr. Rochester was kind of a romanic and nice so I sort of didn't see how he wasn't in the book.

    I love The Graveyard Book but I can't seem to like any of Gaiman's other books.

    Northanger Abbey was a great adaptation, I really think J.J. Feild is the perfect Henry Tilney.

    Is it just me or does that Emma movie poster looked like a horror movie? Something about it just gives off that horror vibe, I don't know. Even seeing different versions of the poster didn't change my view.

    Harry Potter is great and I really thought the casting was perfect even when people complained Harry is supposed to have green eyes, like you can see the difference unless you really look.

    I think I saw Hocus Pocus a few times as well. It's a fun movie.

    Happy belated birthday!

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that makes sense. I haven't seen any of the movie adaptations yet. I should, though.
      It's a great book, isn't it?
      It was! Oh, for sure.
      It kind of does, now that you mention it.
      Agreed! All the actors fit their roles so well.
      It definitely is.
      Thank you!
      Thanks. You too!

      Delete
  3. I know this month did just fly by didn't it? I LOVE your Halloween costume it turned out so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a good October! (love your Veronica costume btw)
    You finally watched Emma 2020! Honestly these are all really good choices for Halloween/fall.
    The Graveyard book is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did (Thanks! I'm still a little bit in love with it myself).
      I did, and it was fabulous! I hadn't thought about it like that before, but they all are.
      Yes! It's amazing!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic costume! Glad you had a good October. The Graveyard Book is one of my all-time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did. It's amazing! I think it's one of my favorites now, too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag