2021 Recap

 I can't believe that 2021's over. It seems like the year has gone by so fast. I'm both excited and nervous for 2022. 2021 was a pretty good year, I think. It was definitely better than 2020.
Favorite New Books of 2021
The Lost Girls by Sonia Hartl
Emma by Jane Austen
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Sweet and Bitter Magic by Adrienne Tooley
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee
These Witches Won't Burn by Isabel Sterling
This Coven Won't Break by Isabel Sterling
The Girls I've Been by Tess Sharpe
Annie On My Mind by Nancy Garden
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Howl's Moving Castle by Dianna Wynne Jones
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
Favorite New-to-Me Movies of 2021
Little Women [2019]
Emma [2020]
Clueless
Black Widow
The Jane Austen Book Club
Lord of the Rings; The Two Towers
Little Women [1994]
Hamilton
Shazam!
Northanger Abbey
Happiest Season
To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Favorite New-to-Me TV Shows In 2021
Julie and the Phantoms
Doctor Who
Stranger Things
It's not really a new show, but I saw the new season of Lucifer this year, and it was pretty good
Anne With An E [I think I watched it for the first time at the end of December in 2020, but I watched most of it in January]
The earlier seasons of Pretty Little Liars
Oh! And I finished Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which was really good.
Angel is also really good.
My Writing in 2021
2021 may have been my best year writing-wise. So, in 2021.
-I finished writing a fanfiction novella.
-I edited that fanfiction novella
-I wrote a novel and edited a third of it
-I wrote another fanfiction novella and edited that
All in all, I think that I've become a better writer and I'm definitely a better editor than I was before.
I'm really proud of the things that I've written. Are they perfect? No, but I've [for the most part] enjoyed writing them. I think that I could actually publish my original novel [with a lot more editing, of course]. You can read more about it here
As for my fanfiction, let's just say I never imagined that a romance-centred fantasy/action crossover between Heathers and Buffy the Vampire Slayer would've worked so well. 
What Happened in 2021
-Martial arts started again, and I couldn't have been happier. I forgot just how much I love it. It's exhausting, yes, but it makes me feel awesome, it's good for self-defense, and it's something I'm incredibly passionate about. 
-I've gotten to see more of my family this year. Some people visited in the summer, some visited for Thanksgiving, and some visited for Christmas, and it was fun to see some of them again.
-I got to go on this fun mini-vacation which included ziplining, rock climbing and an obstacle course, That was really fun.
-I got better at makeup this year, I think.
-I also think that I figured out my personal style a little bit more. I also dyed/streaked my hair for the first time this year and I got a nose piercing, which I really love. 
-I read 13 classics this year, and one nonfiction, which is more than I did last year. 
-I think I got better at rollerskating and skateboarding this year.
-I got into YouTube this year! I haven'r found a lot of channels that I've actually been interested in until this year. Some of my favorite channels are Council of Geeks, Sarah Z, Jenny Nicholson, The Queer Kiwi, Shanspeare, Serena Skybourne, Rowan Ellis and Rachel Oates.
-I also think I had a pretty good Halloween costume this year. It's probably been one of my best ones yet. 
How I Did On My New Year's Resolution
-Eat healthier-ish and stick to it this time.
I don't think I did this. Oh well, there's always next year.
-Spend more time with God
I did this, I think. I feel closer to him then last year. 
-Be a nicer person.
I don't know. I've tried to be nicer, but I'd need someone else to comment on if I am nicer or not.
-Stop procrastinating
I definitely did this. I still procrastinate, but to a lesser extent than last year.
My Resolutions for 2022
-Take better care of myself.
And I don't just mean physically. Yes, I want to try and eat healthier, but I also want to get better about taking breaks and relaxing. Yoga has been really helpful for me with that this year.
-Get more into reading and writing poetry
-Read more books of different genres
I'd really like to read more classics, more nonfiction, more adult fiction, things like that.
-Regularly Interact With More Bloggers
-Try More Extracurriculars
I'd like to get more involved with extracurricular activities, and do more things with different people. Even if it's not a school thing, I'd like to join something where I can meet new people or get to know people better.
-Publish a Book
This probably won't happen, but I can dream [and work], can't I?
-
So, how was your 2021? What is something you want to do in 2022? 

Comments

  1. Happy New Year's! :) That's awesome that you finished the first draft of your novel in 2021, and good luck with editing! :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I tagged you for The Bookworm's Tag:
      https://adventure1359.blogspot.com/2022/01/never-have-i-ever-book-edition.html

      Delete
  2. Glad you discovered Howl's Moving Castle and Doctor Who, both of those things got me through a lot. Hope you have a fantastic 2022!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adored both of them, so I'm super glad I found them, too. Thanks! You too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag