Movie Review: Happiest Season

 Hello! I wanted to do something Christmas-y, so what would be better than reviewing this movie? 
Director: Clea DuVall
Writers: Clea DuVall, Mary Holland
Cast: Kristen Stewart, Mackenzie Davis, Alison Brie, Mary Steenburgen, Victor Garber, Mary Holland, Dan Levy, Aubrey Plaza, Burl Moseley
Summary [taken from IMDB]: A young woman with a plan to propose to her girlfriend while at her family's annual party discovers that her partner hasn't come out to her conservative parents.
My Thoughts: 
Happiest Season is certainly not a perfect Christmas movie. It has its flaws, but, if you're looking for an entertaining holiday rom-com......this is miles ahead of your typical Hallmark movie.
Also, we need more LGBTQ+ Christmas movies.
The cast is absolute perfection! All of them do a great job, and have good chemistry, plus they just fit their roles so well. The characters are also pretty great----some are more likable than others, but all of them are interesting. Jane and John are definitely my favorites, though. Harper did annoy me, but you can at least empathize with what she's going through. It's also genuinely funny-----fairly often I see something advertised as a rom-com or a comedy. but it's not funny. which is absolutely not the case with this movie.
I also really like the soundtrack! It's great. 

All in all, Happiest Season was a fun movie, and one that I enjoyed watching. I'd rate it a solid 4/5 stars.

Have you seen Happiest Season? Do you want to? Favorite Christmas movies?





Comments

  1. This movie was great! Also I agree I live both John and Jane so much ๐Ÿ’• Also Merry Christmas Eve ๐ŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an awesome movie, I agree we need more LGBTQ+ Hallmark style movies. :) So it's nice to know that there is one out there.
    Merry Christmas,
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Well, if you want an LGBTQ+ themed Christmas movie, this one is pretty great.
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. I heard a lot about this when it came out, but nothing since, so it was good to read what you had to say about it! Merry Christmas, McKayla!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag