Book vs Movie: Always and Forever, Lara Jean

 Hello again, and welcome to the last installment of my To All the Boys I've Loved Before book/movie comparison.
The Book
My Thoughts:
This book was good. It wasn't as good as the first one, but I did enjoy it overall. 
I liked the theme of change in this book. It really hit me hard in a lot of places. It felt a tad more melancholy than the previous two books in the series, but it was sweet and hopeful, too.
I feel like a lot of the characters have matured in this book-----Kitty especially, though she's still a troublemaker. Again, can I just say how much I love Kitty? She's one of the best parts in all of the To All The Boys I've Loved Before books. I love the wedding subplot, as well as pretty much anything with Trina in this book. I liked that Margot had a fairly big role in this one. She was annoying at first, but she had a really good character arc, so I can't complain too much.
I do feel like Peter and Lara Jean could have communicated better, but they do both learn and grow throughout this book.
The Movie
I liked this one better than the second one, but  I didn't think it wax as good as the first one. 
One thing I really liked was the illustrations throughout this movie. I thought that was really cool. I also loved how pretty this movie was! Like the wedding. That was gorgeous. 
The scenes at the prom were really fun, too. I loved Lara Jean's prom dress. 
I think that this movie changed the most from the book's story line. I didn't mind it. but there were some plot points that I wish had made it into the movie. For example, I wish that more of the wedding planning and Margot's issues with Trina had made it into the movie. Also, more Margot in general. I especially liked how Gen and Lara-Jean became friends in this movie. That was nice. I also liked all of the traveling in this movie------like the trip to Seoul and the New York Senior Week trip. 
Again, I love Kitty! I liked her story line in this movie, and she's always entertaining to watch. Plus, her tuxedo during the wedding was pretty cool. 
I also loved seeing all of the different desserts that Lara Jean baked in this movie. They made me hungry. 
Peter kind of annoyed me in this movie. I mean, I could see why he was being that way, but I still found it annoying. 
I didn't have a lot of issues with this movie, but I didn't love it. It was fine. 
So, have you read/watched Always and Forever? What were your thoughts on it?



Comments

  1. I think my biggest problem with the last movie was how they added a sex scene. I loved that they never did that in the books, even if they got close a few times. It just felt unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can see that. Sex scenes usually don't bother me, but it did feel slightly out of place.

      Delete
  2. I haven't watched the movies or read any of the books but I did really enjoy hearing your thoughts for the whole series. Also I love the cover of the book, it's so pretty 💕😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this movie in parts and hated it in others. Like Rachel said, I felt like things were unnecessary. I related to LJ in a lot of the movie, though, especially as my sisters are similar to Margot and Kitty. I love siblings in books and movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was pretty much my opinion as well. I could definitely relate to Lara Jean in some ways, too. I do, too!

      Delete
  4. Kitty was hands down the best part for me too.
    Personally I only really care about the first movie, but they're all fun to me because Skye, me and her sister would do a Galantines thing when the movies would drop and I miss being able to wait for them to come out now that they're done.
    I forgot about all the baking scenes XD They made me hungry too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think the first movie was the best. That sounds fun.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag