My Favorite Ships

 Hi everyone! Happy Belated Valentine's Day! Did you celebrate it in any way?  I ate lots of candy, wore pink and red clothes and re-watched the first To All the Boys I've Loved Before movie. 
So, for my Valentine's Day post, I decided to post about the ships that I like. I didn't use to ship characters until 2020, but now I ship a lot of couples. Some of the ones on this list are canon and some are non-canon. 
TV
Julie and the Phantoms
Julie and Luke
Ahhh, Julie and Luke! I'm so sad that we won't get another season, so we won't get to see more of them. I liked seeing how their relationship developed over the course of the season from Julie being annoyed with Luke to her developing a crush on him. They're just super sweet together. 
Alex and Willie
This is another couple that doesn't really get a full-blown relationship in Season One, but they're so cute together. I love the contrast between them-----Alex is a little more reserved and anxious, and Willie is more wild and a bit of a daredevil, and they work well together. The museum scene is probably my favorite because it's just fun. 
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Willow and Oz
Willow and Oz are just such a cute, wholesome couple. I wasn't a big fan of the way they broke up, but I love the majority of their relationship. I love how Oz loves Willow for her dorky-ness and intelligence, unlike the popular 'makeover' trope. Willow and Oz also have a very 'first love' type relationship, which I love. They also have a ton of cute moments and I think that Oz is just such a nice guy and he and Willow work well together.
Willow and Tara
Willow and Tara are another couple that's just really cute. They have a similar 'first love' vibe, even though it's not Willow's first relationship [maybe because it was her first wlw relationship?], and they're also really cute and sweet and pretty stable [until Season Six, at least]. I really love the way their relationship developed, and how Tara grew confidence through dating Willow. I also love how slow burn-ish the beginning of their relationship was. 
Buffy and Spike

I'm not a big fan of their relationship in Season Six [although, to be fair, I don't really like anyone or any of the relationships in Season Six], but I like them in most of the other seasons. I especially like the banter in Season Four, and I like how Spike does actively try to be a better person [er, vampire?] for Buffy. That's nice to see. 
Glee 
Brittany and Santana
This relationship is one of my favorite instances of the 'grumpy one is soft for the sunshine one' trope and the 'I hate everyone in the world but you' trope. There's something sweet about seeing Santana, snarky, grumpy, self-proclaimed bitch falling in love with sweet, sunny Brittany. Santana is super nice to Brittany and she's always supportive of her odd ideas, and Brittany encourages Santana to be a better person. 
Kurt and Blaine
One thing that I like about Klaine is that they're both already out when they're dating so it doesn't really involve a coming-out-story arc [nothing wrong with that, I just get tired of it]. They're also really sweet in the first few seasons [I don't ship them as much in the later seasons], and I love how supportive they are of each other. 
Mike and Tina
I will be forever bitter that Mike and Tina didn't end up together. Their relationship doesn't get a whole lot of focus, but I love how sweet and drama-free their relationship is. I also like how stable their relationship is. On Glee, a lot of the characters break up, get back together again, date other people, and then get back together every few episodes, but Mike and Tina stay together for a good few seasons and I like that. 
Mercedes and Sam
So, funny thing, I didn't like them that much when they actually dated in Season Five because I didn't think it was that well-written, but I liked them in Season Three. When they introduced the possibility of them being a couple, I was 100% on board with it. I thought that they had some cute moments, but, overall, I love the possibility of them dating more than them actually dating. Does that make sense? 
Stranger Things
Mike and Eleven
I don't like them as couple quite as much in Season Three, but they're still a cute couple. I like the sort-of longing vibe of Season Two, and they had a lot of really cute moments in the first two seasons, especially in the first season. I especially love how Mike always stood up for her in Season One. 
Joyce and Hopper
This is another one that I don't like quite as much in Season Three, but I like the idea of them as a couple a lot. Especially in the first two seasons. I love how Hopper respects Joyce and listens to her, even when no one else would, and how she trusts him so much. They've both been through a lot, and I think they understand each other because of that. Anyway, just my little headcanon for the day. 
Books
Jane Austen
Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy
This is one of my favorite portrayals of enemies-to-lovers. I love Elizabeth and Darcy's relationship because of how much they change for the better throughout the novel, and I also adore how witty their relationship is. I like most of the couples Jane Austen wrote, but this one is my favorite, 
Emma and Mr. Knightley
I don't like this one quite as much as Elizabeth and Darcy, partly because there was an age gap, and partly because sometimes I feel like Mr. Knightley can lecture her a little too much, but I do like them as a couple, and the slow way that Emma falls in love with him. And, while Mr. Knightley can lecture her a little too much, I like that he does call her out when she does something mean, and I like how she trusts him as a friend and then slowly falls in love with him. 
Percy and Annabeth, Percy Jackson
Percabeth is such a cute ship! I like their banter and their overall dynamic. I also like the way it develops over the different books in the series.


Iris and Nora, The Girls I've Been
So, there aren't any pictures of them because the movie adaptation hasn't come out yet, but I like their relationship. Both of them seem to generally care about each other, and I love how Nora is slightly morally grey, and more reserved, but she does care about Iris, and Iris seems like a sweet, somewhat meek girl, but she's way tougher than she seems. 
Mace and Kat, The Last Summer of the Garrett Girls
This is a good example of the fake-dating trope, in my opinion. I love how Mace and Kat are both so dramatic, and I love how they love each other for exactly who they are. I also love that they both love cats.
Vi and Cece, The Last Summer of the Garrett Girls
Can I just say that I love how Vi and Cece bond over their love of books and fandoms. I also love how while Cece's popular, she's not a mean girl. I also love how they both love dogs. It's just a really cute slow-burn relationship. 
Blue and Gansey, The Raven Cycle
This is one that I wasn't completely sold on at first, but I liked them a lot as a couple towards the end of the series. I like a lot of their banter, and I like the slow-burn aspect of their relationship. 
Adam and Ronan, The Raven Cycle
One of my favorite things about their relationships is how loyal Ronan is to Adam and how loyal Adam is to Ronan, Both of them would do anything for each other, and I love that. It also doesn't totally fit the grumpy/sunshine trope, but it's close since Ronan is pretty grumpy, but is nice to Adam. 
Movies/Musicals
Peter Kavinsky and Lara Jean Song Covey
Even though this is also a book, I'm putting it in the movies category because I, uh, *glances nervously around* I like the movie better than the book. They're just a really cute couple in this movie, and I love how much they do little things for each other, like Peter bonding with Kitty, which I think is really cute. 
Heather Duke and Veronica, Heathers
This one is complicated because it all started with this super-cute fanfiction. And then it sort of spiraled, and then I wrote about it in a fanfiction. 
So I don't really ship it in canon [though I 100% believe that Heather Duke had a crush on Veronica], but post-canon or in an AU, I think it would be really cute. 
Elle Woods and Emmett, Legally Blonde
What I like about Elle and Emmett is that he respects and trusts her so much, even when nobody else at law school did. I also like how, while their relationship is cute and develops naturally, it's not the point of the movie. The end goal is for Elle to get through law school. Regardless, it's a cute ship.
So, that's it for this post. Do you ship any of these couples? Which couples do you ship, if any?

Comments

  1. I've seen so little of Oz and Willow but I always loved their brief interactions from what I did see.
    Ronan/Adam, Gansey/Blue, Lizzie Bennet/Mr.Darcy, Emma/Mr. Knightly, a few of the others (all fantastic!) I don't know some of the others personally but love the ones I recognized. I've never particularly shipped El/Mike but I definitely get why they're so high on your list
    Anyways, I had a lot of fun reading your list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oz and Willow are really cute together. You'll have to let me know if you ship it once you watch more of Buffy. Yeah, I know not everyone does, but I've always liked them as a couple.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. This was a great Valentine's day post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day. :) Perabeth is such a good ship.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce and Hopper are adorable. Love Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth too, Ronan and Adam are everything.
    And Willow and Oz have my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juke and Willex are so cute!!! I love both pairs.

    My sisters love Kurt and Blaine (I haven't seen Glee so I can't say), but they always call the ship name Blurt instead of Klaine. I love to come up with alternative ship names, so I approve of both.

    The Jane Austen couples are iconic.

    Even though I don't usually like that trope, Elle and Emmet are sweet together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are!
      Oh, that's interesting.
      They are!
      Yeah, I think they're a cute couple.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag