My YouTube Recommendations

 'Ello everyone! So, I wanted to do an easy post today, so I'll just be talking about a few of my favorite YouTubers and why I like them and whether I think you should watch them or not. 
So, let's get started.
Sarah Z
Her Best Videos [in my opinion]: What Went Wrong With Dear Evan Hansen, Fandom's Biggest Controversies: The Story of Proshippers vs Antishippers, Tumblr's Greatest Conspiracy: The Johnlock Conspiracy, The Rise and Fall of Teen Dystopias, Everyone Is Into Twilight Again, I'm Not Like Other Girls [honestly, I could keep going. Please check out her channel. Her videos are great]. 
Why I Like Her Videos: What I love the most about Sarah's channel is her intelligent, nuanced way of presenting her points and her opinions. She doesn't just make fun of things. She analyzes them. Even if I don't agree with everything she says, I respect her viewpoint and see where she's coming from. This might sound a bit weird, but I also just love watching her talk. I like how excited she gets about things that she likes, and I like her sense of humor. Plus, she's a fan of Heathers and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so you know she has great taste.
You Should Watch Her If: You like intelligent, analytical videos about Internet history and/or various pieces of media. Oh, and also if you like longer videos. 
Serena Skybourne
Her Best Videos [in my opinion]: We Need to Talk About Insatiable, The False Narrative of Aria Montgomery, The Spencer Hastings Video You've Been Waiting For, Alison DiLaurentis: When The Queen Loses Her Crown, How The Writers Murdered Emily Fields, The Downfall Of Hanna Marin, Everything Wrong With Pretty Little Liars, 90210: Good Things Don't Last Forever, Charmed: Too Much of a Good Thing?
Why I Like Her Videos: I really like her commentary. Like Sarah, she presents things in such a nuanced way and she's so good at analyzing things. I also just adore her personality. She's so bubbly and enthusiastic, as well as being very well-spoken. Also, her hair/makeup always looks so good and her outfits are super cute.
You Should Watch Her If: You like detailed movie/TV commentary especially about teen dramas.
Rachel Oates
Her Best Videos [In My Opinion]: Parody: Cruel or Creative?, Are Werewolves Real?, The Children's Author With A Hidden Dark Side, Bella Thorne's Book Is Bad and I Kinda Like It, Reading 1 Star Reviews of Classic Lit, Bridgerton's Huge Problem, We Need to Change the Way We Think About Makeup, The Worst Christian Dating Book for Teens, How Much Does Intent Matter In Art?
Why I Like Her Videos: I love the variety of topics that Rachel covers in her videos. She's done political commentary, science videos, art videos, makeup videos, book reviews, and lots more. I find most of her topics interesting, and I love the way she does videos, even if it's not something I'm especially interested in [like her videos about painting], and I love seeing her point of view on different subjects. I love how intelligent and rational her videos are. She also seems like such a genuinely sweet person. Plus, her style is amazing, and it's so fun to see all of her different makeup looks. And her dog, Kyra, is so adorable!
You Should Watch Her If: You're interested in political commentary, books, science, history, makeup, art or cute dogs. 
Bailey Sarian
Her Best Videos [in my opinion]: Death By Delicious Chocolate: Cordelia Botkens was Wild, One of The Most Hated Women in America: Casey Anthony, The Mysterious Black Dahlia Unsolved Case: Who May Have Killed Her?, One Of America's Most Notorious Serial Killers: Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer: Inside His Messed-Up Mind and How He Almost Got Away With His Crimes. 
Why I Like Her: I really just love Bailey's personality. She has such a good sense of humor and she manages to make her videos not too creepy, while also being respectful of victims. Also, she's so good at makeup! Watching her do different makeup looks is just so calming. 
You Should Watch Her If: You like true crime and makeup [or even just true crime. My sister hates wearing makeup and she loves Bailey]. 
ModernGurlz
Her Best Videos [in my opinion]: Sailor Moon and its Fashion Influences, Analyzing The Outfits in Euphoria,  Analyzing the Outfits in Clueless, Analyzing the Outfits in Mean Girls, Analyzing the Outfits in Legally Blonde, The Best Purple Dresses In Cinematic History [just 'cuz I'm slightly obsessed with purple], Analyzing The Outfits in Jawbreaker, I Watched Fate: The Winx Saga So You Don't Have To, The Best Pink Dresses in Cinematic History [again, slightly obsessed with pink], Ranking 10 Different Versions of Cinderella's Dress
Why I Like Her: Tessa combines two of my favorite things: films and fashion. her style analysis videos are my favorites. It's so impressive how she can tell so much about a character just through their clothes. Her analysis videos are so detailed, too. I think I've watched her Euphoria video at least five times and I've never even watched Euphoria. 
Council of Geeks/Break Room of Geeks. 
Their Best Videos [in my opinion]: Deep Diving Into the Joss Whedon Interview, Is Making A Character LGBTQIA+ Inherently Sexual?, The Beauty of the Twelfth Doctor's Arc,Hollywood's Political Revisionism, The Collateral Damage of Cancelling, The Unexplored Ethics of Body Swap Stories, End Goal of Representation in Media, Why Is Representation Considered Political?, The Tomboy Archetype [and it's underlying messages], Enjoying the Works of Problematic Creators
Why I Like Their Videos: I think that Vera is very good at analyzing media and explaining them [idk how to explain it but she gets her point across very well], plus their videos are relatively short, so I can usually sit and watch the whole video all at once. I also love her reviews of different things [their channel Break Room of Geeks is basically all reviews], and I also love their LGBTQ+ series of videos. If you're more interested in learning more about LGBTQ+ issues and how they relate to the media, especially movies/TV shows. 
You Should Watch Her Videos If: You're interested in Doctor Who, you're interested in learning more about LGBTQ+ topics, and you like pop culture commentary. 
Ana Isabel
Her Best Videos [In My Opinion]: Superhero Fatigue Martin Scorsese and the ''Marvel Problem'', Turning Villains Into Heroes, Millenial Nostalgia Bait: Hollywood's Latest Cash Cow, Nerd Culture ''Fake Geek Girls'' and the Psychology of Nerdy Gatekeeping. Our Love For Fictional Characters and Toxic Fan Entitlement, Where's The Love?-10 Underrated Netflix Gems/TV Shows
Why I Like Her Videos: First of all, I love her cosplays! She's so good at it! I also love how her video essays---she always covers super interesting topics and I love the way she explains things. 
Also, she has great taste in TV shows. 
The Queer Kiwi
Her Best Videos [in my opinion]: Pick Me Vegans [and That Vegan Teacher], Let's Talk About Diet Culture, What's In My Gay Little Earrings Box?, Pick Me Gays, How Gay Am I? [a checklist], We Need To Talk About Belle Delphine, Sir Let People Enjoy Things, The Real Problem With K-Pop, Bridges Are For Women [pointlessly gendered]. 
Why I Like Her: I love her sense of humor and how her videos are funny, but she also makes some really good points. I also love the variety in her videos----like mostly it's political commentary but occasionally she'll throw in a K-Pop video or something. I also love her style! Her hair is really cool, and I like her earrings and makeup looks. 
So, what YouTubers are you interested in? Do we share any of the same ones?

Comments

  1. I love Sarah Z's videos too. :) One of my favorite videos of hers was analyzing a phenomenon in fandoms (in particular the Sherlock fandom), and I also enjoyed her video about the movie Dear Even Hansen. :D

    Speaking of, you may enjoy Jenny Nicholson's videos. She does a similar style of video to Sarah Z. Anyway, I enjoyed reading your post. :)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think her Sherlock video is one of her best ones.
      I love Jenny's videos! I can't believe I forgot to put her on this list. She's great.
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Love Bailey Sarian's videos! I think the first one of hers I ever saw was her Aqua Tofana video. It's still one of my favourites of hers I think.
    I don't think I knew about the other people you mentioned aside from ModernGurlz I'll have to check them out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bailey is amazing (and, yes, the Aqua Tofana one is great).
      Ooh, you should watch some of them. I have a feeling you'd like a few of them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag