What Aesthetics Buffy Characters Would Have in 2022

 Hello! So, track season just finished, and I have a lot more free time, which means I've been getting some weird ideas, so I thought, what type of aesthetics would Buffy the Vampire Slayer characters have if the show was set in 2022. The aesthetics I chose for them are based off of the characters style, as well as their personality.
With that being said, let's get into it.
Buffy: Girl Next Door
Buffy was actually surprisingly hard for me to find an aesthetic for. I was looking for a style that was feminine, but also a little more casual than Cordelia's and less cutesey than Dawn. I think something like the girl-next-door style would look great on her. I think it would also help with the ''normal girl who's actually a vampire slayer'' vibe. 





Willow: Light Academia/Witchy Academia
Let's be real, we all knew Willow would have one of the academia aesthetics. I think that a mix between Light Academia and Witchy Academia fits her best. I think that early seasons Willow is more light academia------it includes a lot of neutral colors and preppy clothes, and, considering Willow's season one wardrobe was comprised mostly of neutrals, and she wore a lot of the skirts/sweaters/tights combo, I think that fits her. Light Academia mostly focuses on the lighter side of learning, and, considering Willow's passion for academics, I think that also suits her. Witchy academia focuses a lot on learning primarily about witchcraft and magic and, since Willow's such a talented witch, I felt like that also suits her.
Light Academia

Witchy Academia
Xander: Vacation Dadcore
I was researching aesthetics for this blog post, and I found this one and it just fits Xander to a T. 
The idea of Vacarion Dadcore is basically just very tacky clothes that look like sonething a dad would wear on vacation----like Hawaiian print shirts, shorts, socks with sandals, etc. 
I think that Xander and all of his wild shirts would fit right into this aesthetic.

Vacation Dadcore
Giles: Dark Academia
Much like Willow, Giles is very focused on learning and books and various other nerdy stuff. However, Giles also has a significant dark side and could even be considered more of an anti-hero than Buffy [such as when he kills Ben in the Season Five finale], and he also comes across as much more posh and upper-class than the Scooby Gang, and Dark Academia focuses a lot on elite education. Overall, I think this aesthetic fits him pretty well.
Cordelia: Y2K/Early 2000s
Cordelia's style was one that I pinned down almost instantly. Y2K is a pretty popular aesthetic in the early 2020s, and Cordelia definitely has more of a mainstream style. Not to mention, some stuff labelled Y2K can be super expensive, and Cordelia, being a rich girl, would have all the designer brand stuff/. Plus, a lot of the popular Y2K clothes are pretty revealing, and Cordelia definitely strikes me as someone confident enough to show off a lot of skin. I kind of picture her dressing like Maddy from Euphoria.

Angel: Romantic Goth
My first thought for Angel was romantic academia, but he isn't really an academic. He is smart, but he's not as into, like, school and research as Giles or Willow. Still, the romantic part definitely fits him. He's broody and sensitive and at least vaguely artistic, which fits his personality to a T. Also, he wears a lot of dark colors, so it fits him.
Spike: Bikercore
I like Spike's aesthetic, so, if I had to change it, I would make it similar. Bikercore has a lot of similarities to the punk style, and it gives off ''tough'' looking vibes, which I think fits with Spike as a character. 
Oz: Goblincore
Oz has a very distinctive aesthetic, and I feel like he would really like goblincore. It's a very unique style and it's all about appreciating parts of nature that isn't considered beautiful. I just feel like the aesthetic really suits him. 
Anya: '70s Disco Aesthetic
Anya's style doesn't really correlate to any 2020 aesthetic that I can think of, so I made one up for her. This one I don't think is super popular in the 2020s, but it was on the aesthetics wiki page I was looking at, so I'll count it. It's not super popular, and Anya's a bit eccentric, plus it's also very loud, unique and funky with lots of bright colors, which I think Anya would like.
Riley: Normcore




Riley Finn is pretty much your typical guy, and he dresses in a very basic way, so I think Riley would be a fan of normcore. The whole point of the style is wearing simple clothes in neutral colors, and I think that fits Riley very well. 










Tara: Cottagecore
Look, if Tara was in 2022, she would 100% be into cottagecore. The style [floral shirts, long skirts, light makeup] is pretty much what she already wears, but I think the cottagecore lifestyle suits her really well. I could definitely see her, like, living in a cottage and making her own clothes, foods and stuff. 
In short, Tara Maclay was the OG cottagecore lesbian, and we should respect her for it. 
Dawn: Soft Girl
Dawn's was harder to pick, since her style on the show doesn't really directly point to a style, in my opinion. Same with her personality. Still, the more I think about the soft girl aesthetic, the more it seems to fit her. Again, it's not super obscure, and it's very feminine, which I think fits Dawn. It's also a more cute, youthful aesthetic that could kind of play up the ''innocent little sister'' trope. Plus, I just think it's a cute style.


So, this is how I would style characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer in 2022. 
Which aesthetic is closest to what you would wear? Which one do you like best? 

Comments

  1. I love the sound of witchy academia as an aesthetic, I've never heard someone say it in words before. The whole of my March Week story is witchy academia, at least aesthetically, describing it's going to be way easier now that I have a name for it.
    Xander is tacky vacation dad shirts. You're not wrong XD
    Love this post btw! The looks you chose for everybody really suits them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also yess to Goblincore for Oz

      Delete
    2. Witchy academia is such a fun aesthetic! Ooh, that sounds like a cool story.
      XD. Once I heard of that aesthetic, I knew it was perfect for him.
      Thanks!
      Yeah, that was another one that just felt right.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag