My Summer Playlist 2022

 Hi everyone! Last July I made a playlist with my favorite songs that summer, so I thought I'd do that again this year. 
Pity Party-Melanie Martinez
I like Melanie's style----not just her sense of fashion, but her style of music. I like how she mixes darker themes with a more happy, childlike style of music. This is one of my go-to sad/angry songs, and I really like it. Also, the dress that she wears in this is super cute. 
So What-Pink
This is such a fun song. It makes me feel powerful, and it's fun to dance to. Also, there's this amazing multifandom video by KillerQueen that you should watch. My laptop isn't letting me link it, but please check it out. 
Devil In Me-Halsey
The main reason I love this song is the music at the beginning. I don't know much about the technicality of music, but I love that part. I also love the lyrics-----it reminds me a lot of one of my characters, and I also love Halsey's voice----she's one of my favorite singers. 
Nightmare-Halsey
This song is another one of my songs I listen to when I'm angry. Again, the lyrics in this are so amazing and always end up hitting me really hard. If you're a songwriter and you want to include political themes in your songs, this is how you do it. Also, I love her leather jacket outfit in the video. It looks great on her. 
I Am Not A Woman, I'm a God-Halsey
I love the aesthetic of her newest album. I love the gothic horror/fantasy themes. It's also just a fun song to listen to, and I love the lyrics. The lyrics are almost always my favorite part of Halsey's songs. She really has a gift for words, and I think if she ever wanted to become a writer or poet, she'd have a very successful career.
Defying Gravity-Wicked
Theater songs always leave me in awe of the talent of the actors. Both Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenoweth are amazingly talented, and I adore the message of this song. Listening to it always makes me feel better, even if I'm having a bad day. 
Popular-Wicked
Again, Kristen Chenoweth is super talented, and this is such a fun song to listen to. My sister sang this for a performance once so I always think of her when I hear this song. Also, you should look up pictures of Glinda's dress because it's amazing. 
Play With Fire-War Hall
My other sister introduced me to this song, and it's so fun to listen to. I love rock music and strong guitar sounds. It's also one of those songs that just makes me feel awesome, so I love this one. 
About Damn Time-Lizzo
I've never really considered myself a Lizzo fan before this song. Not that I didn't like her music, but I just didn't listen to her much, but there's something about this song that I just love. It's such a fun, empowering song, and I love dancing to it. 
I Want It All-Queen
This song used to be my sister's favorite, and it always reminds me of her, and it's such a fun song. I refuse to believe that anyone could dislike Queen. They're such a great band. 
Castle On The Hill-Ed Sheeran
I first heard this song in a multifandom video and I like it. It makes me feel nostalgic. I'm not sure for what, but that's how it makes me feel. 
Irresistible-Fall Out Boy
This has always been one of my favorite Fall Out Boy songs. I saw it recently in a fandom video, and that reawakened my love for this song. I'm a bit tired of it because I've been listening to it so much, but it is a very good one. 


Should I Stay Or Should I Go-The Clash
I've loved this song ever since I first heard it on Stranger Things. It's seriously one of my favorite '80s songs, and I've had it on my playlist for about a year. It's so good.
Video Girl-Abby Roberts
I found this video because a woman I follow on YouTube was in this video, and I fell in love with the song. Again, I love songs with a strong guitar beat, I like the lyrics, and I love the overall aesthetic of this video. 
There's been more songs I've been listening to, but I don't want to overwhelm you all. 
What songs have you been listening to lately?

Comments

  1. This was a very cool blog post! And I agree with you, everyone likes Queen!!! Also thanks for the shoutout on Popular ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No problem. Your singing was amazing.

      Delete
  2. The songs here I've heard are Defying Gravity and Castle on the Hill and I love both of those a lot. I think I've only heard one Lizzo song, Good as Hell, but it's one of my go-tos, so I should listen to more. Queen dominates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are such good ones! Lots of Lizzo's songs are great. Yes, Queen is the best!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

The Fictional Character Tag

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy