My Ten Favorite Episodes of The Librarians

 I've adored The Librarians since I first saw it when I was eleven. I remember waiting for a new episode each week and watching it with my family. It's such a fun and underrated show, so I thought I'd give you my top ten episodes. 
#10: And The Apple of Discord
Summary: When the dragons sleeping beneath the Earth threaten to wake and wreak havoc around the world, Flynn returns to help them with their quest. 
This is such a fun episode. It includes the mythical golden apple from Greek mythology, which, in this version, turns you into the worst version of yourself, and it's so interesting seeing what each of the 'evil' librarians would be like. I love when Flynn is involved because I adore the chaotic academic energy he brings. 
#9: And The Image of Image
Summary: Mysterious events effecting young and beautiful clubbers leads the Librarians to a certain person in possession of a unique selfie.
This one is so interesting to me mostly because of their version of Dorian Grey. While I still haven't read the original story in its entirety [it's on my to-read list, don't worry], I find it so fascinating how they picture Dorian in the modern age. Having the famous painting be a selfie instead was a genius writing decision. 
I'm also living for how Stone isn't allowed in the club because he looks too much like a cowboy, and how he gets into an argument with a bouncer about literature. 
#8: And The Point of Salvation
Summary: The Clippimgs Book sends the team to a high-tech research facility, where the researchers have been turned into mindless monsters by some bizarre power source in the center's lab. When they disconnect the artifact, however, they find themselves stuck in a time loop.
I love this episode because it reminds me of a video game. The team is trying to escape, they end up dying, and then they get sent back to the beginning. I also love how much Ezekiel develops just in this episode. He's the only one who remembers what happens, and has to see his friends die each time, and, by the end, he's willing to sacrifice himself for them [he doesn't die, don't worry]. 
#7: And Some Dude Named Jeff
Summary: When Jenkins body switches with a 28-year-old slacker named Jeff, he must find his way back to the Library to correct the mistake. But he will need a team to do it, so he enlists the help of Jeff's hapless Dungeons and Dragons friends. Can they make it in time, before Jeff destroys the library?
I think this is the only Jenkins-centric episode of The Librarians. I love his snarky commentary to everything going on around him, and I adore Jeff's friend group. I also love how Jenkins realizes that not all humans are bad. I also love how, even though Jeff is a troublemaker, he's a sympathetic person in the end. 
#6: And A Town Called Feud
Summary: When a Civil War re-enactment in a town called Feud is plagued by ghosts, the Librarians have to uncover the truth of what really happened over 100 years ago. 
This one is so interesting. It gives a lot of depth to both Ezekiel and Stone. It also has some fun, lighthearted moments. I love Jenkins' and Cassandra's interactions throughout this episode. Also, all of the history throughout this episode is so cool. If you're a history fan----especially if you're a Civil War buff, be sure to check it out. 
#5: And The Eternal Question
Summary: A man's strange death by exploding into flames sends Stone, Cassandra and Ezekiel to a wellness retreat like no other. There they find the key to eternity or at least it seems to be. Meanwhile, Flynn and Eve spend some much needed time alone.
This episode has vampires. Need I say more? I'm a sucker for anything vampire-related, and this is such an interesting twist. It's also Cassandra-centric, and I love Cassandra. It has a lot of interesting questions about mortality in this one, which is so fascinating. I love it. 
#4: And The Fables of Doom
Summary: The Librarians travel to a town where fairytales are coming to life----and attacking. 
As someone who loves fairytales, this one has a soft spot in my heart. I also love seeing which fairytale archetypes the group embodies------for example, Cassandra's Prince Charming, which is an interesting twist. I also love Ezekiel in this episode. I love whenever he acts nicer than you'd expect him to, and his friendship with Jamie is adorable.
#3: And The Silver Screen
Summary: When Flynn and Eve are sucked into Eve's favorite Film Noir movie, the Librarians are drawn into the world of movie magic-literally, where they'll need to perfect their lassoing skills, sharpshooting, and snappy dialogue if they're going to make it out alive,
I love movies, and I love seeing how the Librarians respond to different situations in movies. Also, it's such a creative idea. Flynn and Eve solving the mystery is particularly great. I also love the cinematography in this episode. The costume/makeup department also did an amazing job. There's also kind of a plot twist, which I like. 
#2: And Santa's Midnight Run
Summary: Santa gets kidnapped by the Serpent Brotherhood. The Librarians are tasked by Mrs. Claus to rescue Santa from London. 
I love their interpretation of Santa. Instead of spreading gifts, he spreads hope, which I think is so interesting. This is an Eve-centric episode, and I love seeing her POV. I also adore Ezekiel getting infected by the spirit of Christmas. It was so funny. 
#1: And The Echoes of Memory
Summary: After the world is morphed into a horrible and unrecognizable place-one where the Library never existed-it's up to Eve to bring the Librarians together before this bleak, knowledge-less world becomes the new reality. 
While I wish The Librarians had more seasons, as far as series finales go, this is a good one. I really like stories that start out as dystopias and then are changed. It's super hopeful. I also like seeing what the Librarians would be like in that alternate reality. I also love how Eve always brings the group together. Overall, it's a good one, and you should definitely check it out.
So, those are my top ten favorite episodes. What are your favorite episodes?

Comments

  1. Those are great memories. You offer great insights. Santa's Midnight Run is my fav, Bruce Campbell is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THE LIBRARIANS!!! The Image of Image is definitely one of my favorite episodes! Love this blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading other people's top ten episodes posts are so fun! I've been meaning to do my own sometime. I know I've said this before, but this show seems right up my alley! The going into a movie episode looks especially great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely do a top ten episodes post!
      Ooh, if you watch it, let me know what you think of it. It's so good. I think you'd really like that one.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

The Fictional Character Tag

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy