Ranking All the Songs in Once More, With Feeling

 Once More, With Feeling is one of my favorite Buffy episodes, for many, many reasons, and I will make a post on it at some point. One of the reasons is that the songs are amazing.  So, I decided to rank the songs. 
Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion. If yours is different, that's totally fine.
Dawn's Lament
It's not a bad song! The music is actually pretty nice, but it's pretty short, and doesn't have a lot of depth [and Michelle Trachenberg's voice is so quiet, so it's hard to hear her].
Going Through the Motions
I like this song. It's a good introduction to this episode, the song is a really good metophor for depression, and Sarah Michelle Geller has a lovely voice. The reason this is so low on the list is just because I like the other songs better. 
What You Feel [Reprise]
It's short, but Sweet's talent and charisma shine through even with just a few lyrics. Also, it's fun. 

Dawn's Ballet/What You Feel
Michelle Trachtenberg is a great dancer, and Hinton Battle is amazing and definitely the best singer in the episode. It's a catchy song, and it's fun, but, again, Michelle Trachtenberg's voice is just so, so quiet, and it's not one I would listen to outside of the show.
Standing
Anthony Stewart Head is an amazing singer, and he does a great job singing this song. The lyrics are also good. I love it. Again, the reason this isn't at the top is because I like other songs better. 
Where Do We Go From Here?
I like this one. I like the tune, I like the lyrics, and the actors do a pretty good job harmonizing. Spike's part in this song is also just great.I'm not sure why I like this song so much, but I do. 
Rest in Peace
James Marsters puts a lot of emotion into this song, and I think the fact that it's a rock song fits really well with Spike. Also, I love the fact that there's a funeral at night. 
Walk Through the Fire
This song is another good one. The lyrics are great, first of all [especially Buffy's lines in the beginning and some of the more comedic lines], the music itself is good, and the harmonies at the end are great. Also, it's just fun to listen to. 
I've Got A Theory
I'll be honest: the whole reason this is up so high is because of Anya's rock solo about bunnies, because it's awesome. The song itself is pretty good, too, but that's definitely the highlight.
Something to Sing About
Technically speaking, this song isn't the best, but Sarah puts in so much emotion in this song, which makes it good. I also love the lyrics-----I like all of the lyrics, but this one might be my favorite. 
I'll Never Tell
This song is definitely the most comedic among these songs, and both Nicholas Brendon and Emma Caulfield do a good job singing it, and the dancing is really good, too. The vintage musical theme works really well with Anya and Xander's characters.
Under Your Spell/Standing {Reprise]
This song is filled to the brim with emotion, the harmonies are great, and the two songs combined work really well. It probably helps that Amber Benson and Anthony Stewart Head are the best singers on this show.
Under Your Spell
This song is absolutely my favorite! The music is so pretty, as is Amber's voice. I love the lyrics, too. Tara's outfit is also gorgeous, and I love it [yes, I know that's not technically part of the song, but I like it anyway].
So, that was my ranking. What's your favorite song from OMWF?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

The Fictional Character Tag

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy