Once Upon A Time

 Hello! So, a few years ago [2019, I think?] I watched this show called Once Upon A Time. I stopped watching it back around Season Four/Season Five-ish because I got bored with the endless amount of curses and the fact that I wasn't a fan of the way the writing was going [no offense meant if you liked the later seasons. We all have different tastes]. This month, I decided to re-watch it the first season, and I have Thoughts. 
If you don't know what the show is about it's about a woman named Emma, whose child that she gave up for adoption when she was eighteen comes to visit her on her 28th birthday, and tells her that she's the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming and they-----along with other fairytale characters----are trapped in a small town with no memories of their past life, and that it's up to her to save the day. 
The first thing I noticed during my re-watch was how much it reminded me of Lost, mostly because both of those shows have a flashback element that gives you the backstory of one character, while the present storyline also focuses on that character. It's a really interesting way to do a show, and I like that element. I also love most of the characters! I think all of them are interesting and layered and, ahhh, I love them. Emma was a character that I didn't appreciate very much in my first watch, but I really like her. She's tough and reserved but with a soft side, and she's been through a lot, but pulled through, and I love her. Plus, I love her leather jackets. I also wasn't a big fan of Mary Margaret or David during my first watch, but I kind of like them. Sometimes they do feel a bit overly moralistic and a bit cheesy, but I kind of have a soft spot for noble and kind characters and stories with true love. Also, Mary Margaret's outfits are so cute. Henry is a very adorable child, and I like him. I've also always loved Ruby, and I have no idea why. Maybe because some of her outfits and her makeup are really cute? I also kind of like Regina. She's an interesting character and villain. Also, I really love Archie and nobody ever talks about him, but he's just so kind and I love him. The premise of the show is also really cool and creative, as is the setting. I also thought that the writing was pretty good [at least, at first. The show kind of went off the rails near the end of the show]. Also, I think that most of the actors are really good.
I really enjoyed re-watching Season  One and just slowly lost interest as I got into Season Two. I might finish it later, but who knows. 
I'm curious if any of you have ever seen it or want to. 

Comments

  1. I watched till part way through season 7 and even though by season 6 things started to get WAY too repetitive. Season 7 was COMPLETELY different from all the rest of the seasons, and almost didn't seem like the same show anymore. But besides the horrible green screens and it being so repetitive, all and all I think it was a good show <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it got pretty repetitive really quickly. I think the premise was good, though.

      Delete
  2. Good idea to revisit a show of movie. I think you almost always find characters or plots that are better on a rewatch

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first season is the best one! It really fell off in the later seasons, I did enjoy evil Peter Pan in season three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Yeah, that was kind of disappointing, since it was such a cool show at first. Ooh, yeah, that was an interesting season.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag