The Fandom Favorites Tag

 Hello! Today we're going to be talking about some of my favorite topics: fictional characters. I'm really excited for this. 
Le Rules
Compile a list of up to ten of your favorite fandoms-------books, movies, TV shows, whatever
Tell us about your favorite character in each of these fandoms, along with an explanation for why they are your favorite. 
Tag however many [or few] friends you'd like to participate
Alright, let's get started.
Disclaimer: I may not be able to pick one character from each fandom, so there might be two [look, I am horrible at making decisions. i'm awful at it. So, in this case, I'm simply opting out of having to choose].
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
My fav Buffy character is a tie between Faith and Giles. 
So, I love Faith because she's so damaged and angry and morally grey and complicated and so much stuff all mixed together at once. She's very complex and I like to theorize about her backstory. When the whole damaged-but-secretly-good bad boy/girl trope is good, it's one of my favorites, but it is so rarely done well, but in Buffy it is almost always done well [I like Spike, but I don't like him as much as Giles, but I do like him]. I can't fully explain why I'm drawn to Faith, but I am. Also, Eliza Dushku is just stunning [not saying that makes a good character, just saying that sometimes, for me, it is a factor. And her voice. I love her voice].

I love Giles for so many reasons. I love his stuffiness, I love his intelligence and bookishness, I love that he wears glasses and loves tea, I love his snarkiness, and I really love how he has an interesting backstory. Also, he's British. If someone is British, that makes them better, and I will not be taking criticism. 
Marvel
My favorite MCU character is Wanda Maximoff. 
I love her because she's fragile and strange and stronger than people expect of her. She's complicated and complex and I just like her [I'm sorry, I wish this could be in more detail, but sometimes when I like a character, I can't really describe why. I just do].
I also like Natasha Romanoff [because she's awesome] and Daisy Johnson from Agents of Shield [for mostly personal reasons, like how her journey as a character sort of relates to me]. 
Glee
My favorite Glee character is Kurt. 
I love him mostly because he's so unapologetically himself. Even though it's hard and a lot of people don't understand him, he does it anyway. That takes courage. In general. he's just very brave and I love that about him. He's also stylish and very sweet, plus he's a great singer. 
I also like both Santana and Brittany. 
Santana is......not exactly a nice person, but that's okay. We can stan morally grey characters here. I like her because I feel like she developed so much over all of the seasons and had a big character arc. Plus, she helped me through a lot of personal issues that I was having at the time, so I'll always love that about her. Plus, she's sassy and fashionable, so that's cool. 
As for Brittany, I mostly just love her because she's a sweet, adorable little weirdo. Plus, she likes unicorns and cats, which means she has great taste. 
Stranger Things
This one was especially hard for me because all of the Stranger Things characters are precious and perfect and I love them to bits, but I think I narrowed it down a little [like I said, I am bad at making decisions]. 
One of my favorites [lol, get ready for the long list] is Robin. 
I love Robin because she reminds me of myself, and I don't mean that in a narcissistic way. I just mean that she's veryyyyyy relatable to me-----she's a little snarkier than me, but, other than that, we're very similar. We're both smart, good with languages [though hers is more in terms of learning other languages and mine is more in terms of reading and writing], not good with social cues, and talk too much. So, I like seeing characters who I relate to. 
I also really like Max.
I like Max because she skateboards [which might seem weird, but I skateboard and, as previously established, I like characters who I relate to], and she's tough and snarky, plus she develops so much as a character----especially in Season Four.
I also like Dustin because he's excitable and nerdy, Steve because he also has great character development and is a sweetheart, and Joyce because she's an amazing mom and I love how determined she is, plus she's passionate and sensitive and I like that.
Jane Austen
My favorite Jane Austen character is Emma Woodhouse. 
As Katie Hanna and I were discussing, I really like Emma because she's sort of a morally grey character. I like her character development and how she goes from a snobby mean girl to a genuinely kind woman. What we're taking from this post is that I like character development.
Doctor Who
My favorite Doctor is the 11th Doctor. 
I love how weird and random and whimsical and intelligent and a bunch of fun things all wrapped into one. 
My favorite companion is Amy. 
My favorite thing about Amy is how spunky she is. I like how she's so fiery and passionate and I like her stable relationship with Rory. Plus, she has a great accent. 
Little Women
My favorite classic literature character is Jo March from Little Women [especially Saroise Ronan's interpretation of the character] because again #relatable. Jo is a passionate, independent writer who struggles with a temper and doesn't really fit into the traditional role she's supposed to. Again, relatable. I like characters who are relatable to me, and I like characters who inspire me and Jo manages to do both at the same time. 
Lord of The Rings
My favorite LOTR character is a tie between Aragorn and Frodo. 
Aragorn is just cool. He's noble and brave and he does a lot of swordfighting [if a character does fencing, I will 1000% love them more]. 
I also really like Frodo because he's....idk....an interesting character. I think he's a good person, even if he is tempted by the ring, and I like how he's both sensitive and brave. And he also swordfights [like I said, I'm into swords].
Broadway
I like musicals a lot, and I have a lot of favorite characters, but I think my favorite is Veronica from Heathers. She's smart and snarky and incredibly dorky, which I love. She's also a bit of an anti-hero, and I like morally questionable characters----provided they're well-written. I also quite like the movie Heathers, and I love her character there, too. 
Bones
This is a very recent fandom [as in, I started watching this show last month], but I really like it at the moment, so I'm including it. My favorite character is Temperence Brennan. She's intelligent and strong-willed and incredibly socially awkward [#relatable]. She's very tough and fiery and can definitely take care of herself [as anyone who's trained in multiple forms of martial arts would be]. and she has such a cool job [she's a forensic anthropologist, which means she examines bones and can tell things about people from them]. I also like how strong her moral code is. She clearly cares a lot about doing the right thing.
So, these are my answers for the fandom favorites tag. Let me know if you want to do this tag, or if you share any of my favorites [fandoms or characters]. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

Ten Things Of Ten Things Tag