10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

 Hello! It's been SO LONG since I've posted, and I'm really, really sorry about that. I didn't mean to take a hiatus, but my life has just been busy, and I was struggling to find inspiration for blogging, but I am back and feeling better than ever. I might make an update post, but for right now, I just wanted to do something fun. I saw Annie Elainey do a video like this, and I wanted to do one, too-----except in blog post form. If any of you guys want to do something like this, feel free to-----just link back to my blog.
With that being said, here's my list. 
#1: Anne Shirley Cuthbert, Anne of Green Gables/Anne With an E
Anne was probably more relatable to me as a preteen, but I still think we have a lot in common. She's very smart, and loves learning new things, which is very relatable to me. She's very creative and has a huge imagination [#me], and can often get more caught up in her daydreams than in reality. She's also very, very emotional and sensitive with a lot of big feelings. She also makes out a lot of mistakes. Generally not huge ones, but she is kind of accident prone [which, same]. Also, we both talk a LOT.
#2: Robin Buckley, Stranger Things
So I relate a lot to Robin because, again, we're both intelligent------particularly verbally. We're also both more than a little socially awkward, and are prone to missing social cues or saying the wrong thing. We also both talk a lot [are you sensing a pattern?] and are prone to rambling. We're both pretty creative, and a little weird. We're also both quite sarcastic, but I think she's more so than me. Also,  my sister ''Tony'' is basically Steve, and we're super close, so I relate to her and Steve's chaotic friendship.
#3: Daisy Johnson, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
The main way I relate to Daisy is because we both care a lot about justice, and always want things to be fair. We're both very emotional and expressive, and have a lot of feelings. We have a lot of the same struggles, as well. We care a lot about our family and friends, and we can be a little bit impulsive. I also think we have a similar sense of humor.
#4: Jo March, Little Women
The biggest way I relate to Jo is that we're both writers. We're both very dedicated and very ambitious with where we want our careers to go. We both love books and reading. We're both feminists, and value our independence. We're also very passionate and have a bit of a temper. We're also both very close to our family-------especially our sisters. 
#5: Frodo Baggins, Lord of the Rings
I relate a lot to Frodo because we're both very conflicted. Part of him wants to go on an adventure and leave the Shire, and part of him doesn't want to leave and wants everything to stay the same. We're both very sensitive and we both feel like we're carrying the weight of the world on our shoulders. 
#6: Flynn Carson, The Librarians
Flynn is very academic and he loves to learn new things------not for any purpose, but simply because he finds it fun. He's also just very chaotic and loud and weird, which I definitely am. He's very competitive and always wants to be the best, which is one of my not-so-good traits. 
#7: Alexander Hamilton, Hamilton
Much like Hamilton, I'm a very driven, ambitious person, and I can be a bit of a workaholic at times. We're also both writers and write like we're running out of times. We're both passionate and have a little bit of a temper. He also hates anything that feels ''fake'', which same. 
#8: Elizabeth Bennet/Catherine Morland, Pride and Prejudice/Northanger Abbey
So, Elizabeth loves to read, she loves spending time outside, and she doesn't really do things unless they ''feel'' right to her, which is a lot like me. She also has a tendency to judge people a little bit harshly, which I also-----unfortunately----do. 
Catherine also loves books and is a huge fangirl. She craves adventure, and she has a huge imagination that can sometimes play tricks on her, which I also relate to. She's also very talkative and friendly, which same.
#9: Rapunzel, Tangled
Rapunzel is bubbly and friendly and talks a lot, which I definitely am. She's very curious and always wants to learn more about the world around her, and she's a bit of an adventure-seeker. She's a little bit distractable and scatterbrained. We also have some of the same hobbies [reading and painting], and her signature color is purple, which is my favorite color. 
#10: Ella Lopez, Lucifer
Much like Ella, I'm a massive nerd. We're both a little dorky and super enthusiastic. We both talk a LOT, and are pretty friendly and outgoing. We're both religious. We're also both generally cheerful, but have some darkness hidden under the surface. Oh, and we both like hugs!
So, this is my list. Do we have any in common? Who are some characters that you relate to?



Comments

  1. I missed reading your posts, I'm glad you're back. :)
    I always related to Frodo from LOTR, too. And Rapunzel, partially due to the fact that I do a lot of hobbies like her.
    I loved reading your post,
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Quinley!
      Oh, that's so cool that you relate to both of them, too.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hello McKayla; welcome back!! I have missed reading your posts as well. ❤ This one seems like a great idea! Perhaps I'll do my own at some point (and link back to your blog, of course). Most of the characters you've mentioned I have heard of but I don't actually know. I do know Anne, but from the 1985 movies. I feel like out of your 10 characters, I can relate to Flynn simply because I love learning all kinds of things for no reason in particular. 🀷🏻‍♀️
    I just read the Wings of Fire: Moon Rising Graphic Novel, and I had forgotten how much I could relate to Qibli! Well, I find that most of the WoF characters are very relatable. But the way Qibli thinks in particular is very much the same way I think. Does that make any sense? πŸ˜…
    I can't wait to read more of your posts! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hividah! Thank you. Ooh, that would be so fun. It's been awhile since I've seen the 1985 movie but I think Anne's personality was the same. I feel like you and your sisters would really love The Librarians. We should watch it together sometime.
      Yes, that definitely makes sense! I feel that way with characters a lot.
      Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Yes, we should definitely watch The Librarians together at some point! 😊 And I agree that both Anne's personalities could be about the same. Have you ever read the original book(s)?

      Delete
    3. Absolutely! Maybe the next time you guys visit.
      Yeah, I think so. I've read Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea, but I think that's as far as I got in the series. What about you?

      Delete
    4. I haven't read any if the books yet. But I hope to at some point this year. πŸ™‚

      Delete
    5. Well, the first one at least is really good. I hope you enjoy them.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! This was such a fun post to read <3 I can definitely see you in lots of these characters, especially Robin and Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, well, glad you agree. It's nice to have a second opinion.

      Delete
  4. Interesting to read your list! I love character lists like this.
    I remember Jo being one I always related to too
    A fairly recent one that I feel like a relate to in a weird way (if you're looking for chaotic) is Oliver Putnam from the show Only Murders in the Building which I highly recommend! Particularly the first season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I feel like a lot of people relate to her, but all in different ways, which I think is very cool.
      Ooh, thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to check that out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Fictional Character Tag

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy