I Went To A Fan Convention!

Hey everyone! If you've been following my blog for a long time, you'll probably know that I'm a little bit nerdy, and I've wanted to go to a convention for years. And, this summer, I finally got to go to one! It was three days long, and I got to go to so many cool panels, meet a few celebrities and get lots of cool merch. 

So, let me tell you about it.

First, before the convention started, my mom and I visited my aunt and uncle. They have two very cute cats who I got to hang out with and take pictures of.




Day One



Okay, technically day one was me and my mom driving to the hotel nearby where the convention was being held, but I thought you guys might think that listening to a recap on that was boring. 

The first thing we went to was a conference about how to use fanfiction to make you a better writer. I thought it was really interesting, and the woman who ran the panel did an amazing job. I got to talk to her for a little bit, too, which was really cool. 

After that, I got to meet Katee Sackhoff! I've never actually met a celebrity before, so I was a bit nervous, but she was super sweet and friendly, and I'm glad I got to meet her + get her autograph.

Here's a picture of the autograph I got from her.

After that, my mom and I got in line for the panel that she was doing. It was a long line, so I just read and wrote for the entire time. We ended up getting really good seats, though! The panel was really great. Katee was clearly very intelligent and good at connecting with the audience, plus I had no idea how funny she is!

This is the only picture I got from that panel. Sorry it's so blurry. 

After that, we got in line again for a panel with Christopher Lloyd! That one was also really fun. He had a lot of interesting stories to tell and the moderator was really good. I didn't get any pictures of that one, sorry!

After that, my mom and I did a little bit of shopping. There was so much cool stuff to look at it. I think it's the most I've ever enjoyed shopping [not that I hate shopping or anything. It's okay]. Then we went to get some dinner and went back to the hotel.

Day Two

The first thing my mom and I did on day two was do some more shopping [seriously, there was so much cool stuff]. Then we got in line to see a panel with the cast of National Lampoon's Vacation. I thought that panel was okay. I've only seen Christmas Vacation, so it was a bit confusing to me and wasn't my favorite panel.
Next, we went to a panel with Grace Van Dien [aka Chrissy from Stranger Things]. It was a really nice panel. Grace seems super sweet, and the moderator was amazing. I thought it was a really fun panel.
Another very blurry picture of the panel.

Here's an awesome Max cosplay that we saw while in line.

After that, we went to a super fun event called Terrible Fandom History. I didn't know a lot of the things in that game, but it was still sooooo much fun! I had a blast hearing about all of these truly terrible things [no matter how much I cringed].
After that, I got my picture taken with Grace Van Dien! I didn't get to talk to her a lot, but she seemed super sweet. 
Here's the picture I got with Grace.
Day Three
The biggest thing I did on day three was go to a panel with the Scream cast. It was a super long line, so I took a lot of pictures while in line.
Here's a cool Ghostface costume I took a picture of.

And here's a super cool Cinderella one.

And here's me doing my best terrified scream.
I'm really glad that I got to go to that panel. The cast all seemed really sweet and were all really funny-----especially Matthew Lilard, and they had a lot of interesting things to say.
Here's yet another blurry picture that I took at that panel.
The last thing I did at the convention was go to the panel with Tom Felton [aka Draco Malfoy]. He was very funny and entertaining, and he even played a song on the ukelele, which was really fun. 
Overall, I had a really good time! I did a lot of new things, and was definitely in 'my' crowd. I would definitely recommend going to one if you're a nerd/geek/fangirl. It is very loud and crowded, though, so I'm glad I took it slow.
My Haul
I got to get a lot of cool stuff that I haven't mentioned yet, so here's my little haul.
Cat Poster
Isn't it cute? It says ''certified menace'' on it. It represents my cat very well.
Ravenclaw Sweatshirt
It's a super cute way for me to represent my Hogwarts House! Plus it's super cozy. 
Time Turner Necklace
My friend, Louise, has one of these, too. I've always thought having a time turner would be useful, plus it's super fun to fiddle around with [especially if, like me, you're prone to fidgeting].
Earrings
I got these super adorable strawberry-themed earrings! I love them so much.


Books
I got three really cool speculative fiction books! There's The Hollow Sun by DL Wainright, Horizon by Tabitha Lord and Miss Mabel's School For Girls by Katie Cross.
All three of these authors were there, so I got them all signed!


Space Plushie
I got this adorable plushie of Saturn! It has a tag with a bunch of cool facts about the planet, and I love his little ring.
Overall, I had a great time, and I'd definitely go again.
So, let's chat. Have you ever been to a convention?




























Comments

  1. Awesome recap and glad to see the pics (loved your scream face). That little Saturn critter is so darn cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I've never been to a convention. But I don't think that's a thing for me 😅 I enjoyed reading this post and hearing all about your adventure (and seeing all the pictures)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

The Fictional Character Tag

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy