The Fandom Tag

 So, um, long time no see, right?

I really did mean to write more blog posts and I don't really have a good excuse besides ''whoops.'' I've been feeling uninspired when it comes to blogging and I've been busy with other projects *cough* binge-watching Criminal Minds. Buuuuuut I'm back now and what better way to come back than with a tag? 

Yes, I know I do a lot of tags. Work with me here. 

Especially a tag about one of my favorite things ever: fandoms! 


The Questions

What's the first fandom that you remember joining?

Harry Potter! I don't like JK Rowling as a person (we don't support transphobia here, folks), but those books were my entire childhood. I read and re-read the books, watched all the movies, played Harry Potter with my siblings......all that good stuff.

What's the newest fandom you've come to enjoy?

Welllllll......lately I've been absolutely obsessed with Hazbin Hotel! When I say obsessed, I mean obsessively listening to the soundtrack, re-watching multiple times, reading AND writing fanfiction, making heart eyes at the merch.....yeah, it's bad.

Look, I know that it's a little....well, you know, but guys! It's hilarious, I loveeee the characters, the themes are theme-ing, the cast is amazing, and it's a freaking musical! What more could you ask for?

What's a fandom guaranteed to give you feels? 

All of them. It doesn't matter what the fandom is, I WILL cry to Taylor Swift at 1 am while thinking about my favorite characters. 

What's a guilty pleasure fandom of yours? 

American Horror Story. I will cringe at the problematic parts and the confusing storylines and the consistently terrible finales (my most common comment watching is, ''Damn you, Ryan Murphy''.), but....I love it. I love the variety of horror subgenres it covers, I loveeee the cast, I love how campy it is, and the characters and premise are usually interesting. It's not good but it's my flavor of bad. 

What's the weirdest fandom you've heard of/are a part of?

I think they're all pretty weird. Fandoms are comprised of a bunch of weirdos who spend all day thinking about fictional characters and dorks who draw their faves kissing, and, you know what? Good for us because it's a lot of fun. 

What's your favorite popular/widely-known fandom?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer! It really has everything: witty one-liners, monsters, multiple apocalypses,  a former cheerleader kicking ass, a middle-aged British librarian, lesbian witches, a musical episode, and a punk vampire named Spike. 

Seriously, go watch it. It's amazing.

Favorite bookish fandom?

I've been a Percy Jackson fan for years, along with every Rick Riordan book I've ever read, but I love The Witches of Echo Park a lot, too. 

What do you consider your home-base, a fandom you can always return to?

Sitcoms! Community, Parks and Rec, Brooklyn 99. If it's silly with a found family dynamic, I'm in.

Also, I don't know if we're counting music fandoms, but, if we are, then Taylor Swift! She truly does have a song that fits every occasion. 



What's a fandom you know about.....but aren't actually that into?

Supernatural. I'm not sure if this one counts because I do enjoy it, but I think I've seen about four seasons and my siblings have watched a lot more than that, so I know lots of Supernatural lore from seasons I haven't seen yet.



Which fandom has the best characters?

Yellowjackets has a really interesting range of characters that I think this Tumblr post sums up pretty well.

For the record, Misty is my favorite, I love her antics, but I also really like Nat, Van, Taissa and Laura Lee.

Name your all-time favorite ship

JJ and Emily from Criminal Minds. They're not canonically together, but I think their dynamic is really cute. And, I mean, what's better than FBI wives? 

Which character from one of your fandoms is most relatable to you?



It's a tie between Enid Sinclair from Wednesday and Quinni Gallagher-Jones from Heartbreak High.

Enid because we're both friendly and excitable and eager to please but more than capable of taking care of ourselves, Plus, we both love pink and fuzzy sweaters!

Quinni because we have similar bubbly personalities, we like big earrings and fun makeup, we're both fangirls and we're both creative and super loyal to our friends. Plus, she's also the most relatable depiction of neurodivergence that I've seen. 



What fandom are you curious about joining?

I want to watch more Helluva Boss but that's about it. I'm pretty swamped when it comes to fandoms.


And that concludes the tag. I'm going to tag Hailey, Quinley and Vicky.

So, let's talk. Do we share any fandoms orrrr any fandom opinions (hehe)?



Comments

  1. Hooray! I'm so happy that you have returned to posting again! 🎊 I love Tags just as much as you do, so thank you for tagging me! 😊
    The summary of Yellowjackets made me laugh, especially the line that says, "...and some guy named Travis." 😂
    Out of all the fandoms you mentioned in this post, the ones I'm most familiar with are Harry Potter, Hazbin Hotel, Supernatural, and, well, Taylor Swift. I never considered myself a Taylor Swift fan, or "Swifty" if you will. But she and her songs have been growing on me in the last few months... TTPD is such a great album! 🎶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much, Hividah!
      Hehe, it's definitely an....interesting way to summarize Yellowjackets.
      I have a feeling that Supernatural is there because we sent you so many videos of it last year....
      Ooh, that's exciting to hear! TTPD is definitely one of her best albums!

      Delete
    2. Haha, yep! Supernatural was the only thing you and your sisters were talking about for weeks! So I had to figure out what all the hype was for... 😉😄

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad to see a new post from you! <3 This was such so fun to read! And thank you so very much for tagging me :) I can't wait to do a post about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you, Hailey! I can't wait to see you do this tag!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

August Recap

10 Fictional Characters I Relate To

YouTube Videos That Make Me Happy