Summer Music Faves

 Hi, everyone! I really love music and, due to the warm weather, I've been spending a lot of time outside, listening to music, so I thought I'd tell you what I've been listening to lately + share some of my favorite songs at the moment. This isn't going to be every song/album that I've been listening to (because we'd be here for hours), just some of my favorites at the moment.

Espresso + Please Please Please-Sabrina Carpenter


Sabrina Carpenter has been releasing some absolute bangers lately (seriously, I can't get ''Espresso'' out of my head) and she's been getting more mainstream recognition, lately, which I'm super happy about. I've been a Sabrina fan for years and I'm glad that she's getting her flowers (plus I get to say that I knew her before she was famous, hehe). If you're looking for a fun summer bop, I highly recommend ''Espresso'' and ''Please Please Please''. 

Guts (spilled)-Olivia Rodrigo



I've been listening to Olivia since her debut album Sour and while I still love that album, I think she really step it up with Guts, which has become one of my favorite albums of all times----I think her vocals and songwriting have improved so much----and she was great to begin with. A few months ago, she released bonus tracks from Guts, and I'm obsessed with how many different styles she's been experimenting with in these songs. They're all such bops. 

Born To Die-Lana del Rey



Born to Die gives me majorrrrr summer vibes------in a sad, nostalgic kind of way. Lana has amazing vocals and I really love the vintage aesthetic she has going on + she's an excellent songwriter. All of the songs off of this album are pretty popular so I'm sure you've heard them, but I still think they're worth listening to. 

The Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess-Chappell Roan






I don't think I've ever gotten more quickly obsessed with an artist than I have with Chappell Roan------I first heard of her a few months ago and she's already one of my favorite musicians. She has an absolutely stunning voice and she sure knows how to make a catchy pop song. I'm also obsessed with her aesthetic------it's very campy in the best possible way. Since I've had almost all of her songs on repeat, it's hard to pick a favorite but I have a soft spot for ''Red Wine Supernova''.

The Tortured Poets Department + Lover-Taylor Swift








Annnnddddd nobody is surprised by this, lol. I always listen to Lover a lot in the summer-----it's one of my favorite albums and it always gives me summer vibes, and, of course, I'm still obsessed with TTPD-----it's such a great album with so many amazing songs. 

The Hazbin Hotel soundtrack





I first watched Hazbin Hotel in April and, two months later, I'm STILL obsessed with the soundtrack. All of the songs are so catchy and I haven't been able to get them out of my head and I don't think there are any that I dislike-----they're all so good (although I think my favorite is ''Loser, Baby''). 

So, those are just a few of the songs that I've been obsessed with lately. Definitely let me know if you're familiar with any of these songs/artists and what songs you've been listening to this summer. 

Comments

  1. I see Sabrina Carpenter, I immediately click on the post...
    I love Espresso and Please, Please, Please! I can't wait for the Short N' Sweet album and tour! I also regularly listen to a lot of Taylor Swift and Lana Del Rey.
    I've apparently been listening to mostly boybands/singers associated with boybands this summer. Whoops. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm so excited for Short N' Sweet, especially because Sabrina has been dropping banger after banger lately. And, of course, Taylor and Lana are perfect for every season.
      Welllll, boybands do seem to have a summer-y vibe, don't they?

      Delete
  2. Hm, I cannot say I've heard many of these songs before... our music tastes are quite varying!😉
    I listened to Espresso though because I heard that it's one of this summer's most popular songs. It definitely has a catchy rhythm! I know all the Hazbin Hotel songs (they are GREAT) and most of Taylor Swift's songs, of which I usually prefer the more country/upbeat tracks. 🎶
    Hm, I don't usually have specific songs I return to each summer... Every few weeks I have a handful of songs/artists I'll listen to on loop until I go into a new phase. Recently for me it's been random songs from WILD, The Score, Within Temptation, and Delain. WILD totally doesn't fit with that dramatic mix, haha! 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, similar in some ways but very different in others!
      Espresso definitely is a catchy one! Yay, I love all the Hazbin songs and Taylor's music, of course.
      I don't think I've heard very many of those....I'll have to check them out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

August Recap

The Fandom Tag

Series Review: Julie and the Phantoms