I Went To A Fan Convention Pt. 2

 Hello, all! I don't know if you remember but last year I went to a fan convention for the first time and made a post about it. This year I was lucky enough to go to one again, I took a lot of pictures and I'm excited to show it to you guys. So, let's begin, shall we?

Day One

The first (and biggest) thing I did on the first day was going to see Catherine Tate's (aka Donna from Doctor Who) panel. It was genuinely one of the best panels I've ever gone to. She was very engaging and kind and she was absolutely hilarious. She spent the whole time answering fan questions so, needless to say, we got through a lot of them. 

After that, we did a lot of shopping (I'll show you my haul at the end of the post) and we went to a panel on writing romance. I don't have a lot of experience with writing romance, so it was interesting to see. 
I also saw this amazing Weeping Angel cosplay and a really great Simon and River one as well. 


Day Two
Friday was definitely my busiest day. I started the day off by going to Andy Serkis' panel. The moderator for that one was excellent and he was so kind and articulate. He even did his Gollum voice a few times. 

After that, my dad and I went to the Superntural panel, which was sooooo fun! There were multiple cast members there; Jared Padalecki (Sam), Mark Sheppard (Crowley), Jim Beaver (Bobby), Alexander Calvert (Jack) and Ruth Connell (Rowena). Jared was his usual goofy self, Mark and Jim were both very snarky and Ruth was very sweet and classy. Alexander didn't talk very much but he seemed sweet. 
Also, before the panel even started, the audience did a singalong of ''Carry On My Wayward Son'', which was so fun. 
After that, we went to a panel about black holes, which was super interesting and then we went to a seminar about writing books, which was great. One of the younger moderators reminded me a lot of Tony. 

Day Three
The first thing we went to on Saturday was Brandon Rogers' panel. He was just as insane as you'd expect but very funny. The fans completely matched his energy so he got some weird questions but most people were very nice. 
After that, we went to Brie Larson's panel. The panel was a lot more structured than the other panels (probably because she's so famous) but she was very sweet and engaging and it was a fun panel. 

After that, I went to get autographs. The first line was for Ella Purnell. She was very sweet and friendly and talked to me for several minutes. 
After that, we got in line to get Brandon Rogers' autograph. He was as insane as usual but he was very nice and thanked me for supporting his work. 
After that, we went to a horror movie trivia game, which was very fun. 
Saturday was also my first time cosplaying! I dressed up as Laura Lee from Yellowjackets and even found some other YJ cosplayers. 
Day Four
On Sunday I also decided to cosplay. I dressed up as Enid from Wednesday. I don't have many pictures from it, but, look! at! these! earrings! Tell me that Enid wouldn't wear these. 
The first thing we went to on Sunday was Ella Purnell's panel! She was absolutely lovely and very engaging with her fans. She also got asked a lot of interesting questions about her characters from a variety of TV shows (Fallout, Yellowjackets, Arcane etc). 
The next panel we went to was the Helluva Boss panel. Both Brandon Rogers and Richard Horvitz were absolutely insane, as expected. For example, they had a ''competition'' to see who could get the most gifts from the audience and when they first went onto the stage they fake hit each other and had a very dramatic exit. Besides being a very funny panel, I did learn a lot about the making of Helluva Boss/Hazbin Hotel which was really cool. 

All in all, it was a very fun experience and I was a little sad when it ended. There's always next year, right? 

My Haul
So, similar to last year, I got a lot of really cool stuff due to A LOT of shopping so I thought I'd show you my little haul.
The first thing I got was this super-cool Supernatural T-shirt. It's this really pretty maroon color and it says Carry On My Wayward Son, which, if you're a SPN fan, you'll know is pretty important to the show. 

One of my favorite parts of Fan Expo is that there are so many authors selling their books there, so, of course, I had to get some books. This one is called Godsfall and it's by Adam Gaffen (who was super nice and signed this book for me). I can't wait to read it!

The other book I got is Haunted by Myth by Barbara Ann Wright (who also signed it for me). I love fantasy and ghost stories so I'm super excited to read this!

I love earrings and Taylor Swift, so what's better than Taylor Swift earrings? What's even better is that these earrings are Speak Now-themed, which is my favorite Taylor album. 

Here's the autograph that I got from Ella!

Aaaaannnnndddd here's the one I got from Brandon!

I got this Supernatural necklace that has a bottle full of red glitter that says Vampire's Blood on it. 

I got this Yellowjackets bracelet for free! There was this super nice girl who had a YJ varsity jacket next to me in Ella's panel so I complimented her jacket and she asked me if I wanted one of these bracelets! It says ''buzz, buzz, buzz'' on it. 

I also got this beautiful aquamarine crystal necklace. It reminds me of one of the crystals from the Zelda games. 

Last but definitely not least is this adorable cat dressed as a bee plushie! Look how cuuuuute it is! 

So, that was my experience at Fan Expo 2024. So, let's chat. Have you ever been to a fan convention? Would you want to? 


Comments

  1. How fun! 😁 That weeping angel cosplay is amazing; I had to look twice to see it was a real person!
    I've never been to a fan convention, but who knows, it's possible I might try it someday! But it really depends on what kind of convention it is and who would be there... if the cast from "Shakespeare and Hathaway: Private Investigators" is there, I'm am definitely going! πŸ™ƒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! It was such a good time. I know, she really made an amazing cosplay.
      Yes, it definitely depends on who's there and what kind of convention it is. Hmmm, I've never been to a ''Shakespeare and Hathaway'' convention but, who knows, maybe there is one!

      Delete
    2. Haha yes, I wish! But the fandom for that series is so small I highly doubt there'll ever be one πŸ˜…

      Delete
    3. Sad......maybe there are detective conventions, though.

      Delete
    4. Perhaps there is! 🀷‍♀️πŸ™‚

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

August Recap

The Fandom Tag

Six Books With LGBTQIA+ Characters That You Should Add to Your TBR