Lately I've Been Watching.....

 Hello, fellow bloggers and blog-readers! So, I've been watching.....a LOT of TV/YouTube this summer (probably more than I should, hehe) and since we're at the end of the summer, I thought I'd give you guys a little summary on the shows that made my summer. Without further ado, let's get into it. 

Murdoch Mysteries

Me and my sisters used to watch this ALL THE TIME when we were younger (to be honest, maybe a little too young to be watching murder mysteries) but I hadn't watched it in years. Well, earlier this summer, I got a sudden urge to rewatch it and, what do you know, all of the seasons were on FreeVee. I have this habit of getting addicted to murder mysteries (it's like a puzzle! They're so fun to try to solve), which definitely happened here. I may or may not be on Season Five already......whoops. 

I found this on Pinterest. It's so funny, I love it. 

I'd forgotten what a fun show it is to watch! While I do prefer Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, I still really enjoy Murdoch Mysteries. This is going to be weird to say, but it gives me so much nostalgia! My little squirrel brain loves trying to solve cases (as well as all of the gorgeous late 19th century costumes!) and I find the characters delightful (my favorites are Constable George Crabtree and Doctor Emily Grace). 


Dead Boy Detectives

I watched this show with my mom and siblings and it took us a longggg time to finish it (I think we started watching it in late May and didn't finish it until July) but it was so worth it! As you guys know, I love a good murder mystery but I also love anything fantasy related, so this was perfect. It definitely has a spooky, fall atmosphere but it's not particularly scary. Overall, it feels like watching a foggy autumn day while drinking a warm cup of coffee (does that make sense?). The overall plot of the season was also really interesting but (to no one's surprise) my favorite part was the characters! All of them are so lovable and unique and well-developed and I care so much about each and every one of them. My faves would have to be Niko and Edwin, I love their friendship. 




Helluva Boss

I binge-watched Hazbin Hotel this spring so, this summer, I watched Hazbin's spin-off, Helluva Boss! I like how it still keeps the same energy as Hazbin, while also being slightly different. It's a little more character/relationship focused than Hazbin, the plots tend to be more episodic and, if it's possible, Helluva has even MORE sex jokes, swearing and dark comedy. 

While I know that the Helluvaverse certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea, I personally found Helluva Boss to be quite entertaining. While I definitely giggle along at the murderous plots, my favorite part is the characters. I found that all of them are so much deeper and more interesting than they initially seemed and I love watching all of them develop over the course of the show. 

While I love so many of them, my favorites are Millie, Fizzarolli and Verosika. 


A Good Girl's Guide to Murder

I don't know if this one really counts since I've only seen one episode but I really liked it! I read the book a few years ago and I was so excited to hear that it was being made into a TV show (especially when I found out Emma Myers was going to be playing Pip). While I can't give my opinions on the whole show, I found the first episode to be very intriguing (and I love Emma as Pip! I think she's doing a fantastic job). 


The Fall Guy

I'm sure I've watched more movies this summer but this is the only one that I remember. I know that it didn't earn as much money as predicted but I liked it. It was funny and lighthearted and THERE WAS A DOG IN IT! Overall, I didn't think it was life-changing or anything but it was super fun! 


Smosh



This isn't a TV show but I've gotten so obsessed with Smosh over the past few months. I listen to the podcast when I'm doing chores and I've watched and re-watched videos more times than I can count. I really adore the Smosh cast and it's become sort of a comfort watch for me. I love them all so much. 

So, that's what I've been watching this summer. Let me know if you've seen any of these (or if you want to see any of them) and what your thoughts are.

Until Next Time,





Comments

  1. I've only seen a few random episodes here and there, but I love Murdoch Mysteries as well! Besides Hazbin and Hulluva, I haven't heard of any of the other shows. Come to think of it, I haven't watched ANY movies or TV shows this summer... how is that possible?! 🤯
    Wait, I did watch the last Murder Drones episode the other day and Death Becomes Her, but that's it 🤷‍♀️ If I ever get back into watching things again, I'm interested in a murder mystery series called The Mentalist. Have you heard of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, I had no idea you watched Murdoch Mysteries! That's so cool!
      Hehe, wellll, you guys have been pretty busy this summer so I get it. I have heard of The Mentalist but I've never seen it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

August Recap

The Fandom Tag

Six Books With LGBTQIA+ Characters That You Should Add to Your TBR